Easytouch pl4 schedule help

Lhegyi

Mar 24, 2021
St. Louis/MO
Hello,

I have an easytouch pl4 that has a pool circuit that is scheduled to run at 2000 rpm from 6 am -10 pm. There is also a higher speed circuit that runs 2400 rpm from 6-8 am and 8-10 pm. As well as a waterfall circuit that we turn on and off manually that runs at 3000 rpm.

For some reason when the evening schedule of 2400 rpm kicks on it turns off the pool circuit. Not usually an issue except it also turns off my heatpump.

Right now we have the pool schedule running 24/7 (still with the overlapping higher speed schedules) to maintain water temperature but I have to remember to turn on the pool circuit after 8pm or my heatpump doesn’t run.

I thought it was the egg timer but I’ve switched that to don’t stop. Do I need to adjust the egg timer for the high speed to don’t stop as well (even though it runs fine).

I can’t figure out why my pool circuit gets kicked off at that later time. Turning the waterfall off and on manually doesn’t affect the pool circuit.

I’ll attach a pic but if the pool light isn’t green on my pump schedule the heatpump doesn’t run. And that is what is being turned off at the higher speed in the evening only.

Thanks for any help.

Laura

Attachments

• 6ED47339-1484-4FBC-9A7C-56DD3008E243.png
    6ED47339-1484-4FBC-9A7C-56DD3008E243.png
    549.1 KB · Views: 3
A PL4 is an Easytouch Lite. The Lite version only allows 4 schedules. That includes any Egg timers set for other than 12 hours.

I count that you have more than that.

Ok that might answer that. These are my schedules. So if all of those 12 hour egg timers don’t count it seems to me there are only 4 schedules?

Attachments

• AAD7EBFB-6561-432F-9B8E-DAB760853718.png
    AAD7EBFB-6561-432F-9B8E-DAB760853718.png
    552.8 KB · Views: 5
  • FFEBB1A1-9C67-45D6-8500-B5E33AFB3DFF.png
    FFEBB1A1-9C67-45D6-8500-B5E33AFB3DFF.png
    547.7 KB · Views: 5
Laura,

I agree with Marty. ScreenLogic will allow you to enter a billion schedules, but the EasyTouch will only allow a max of 4 schedules or egg timers to be used.

Any egg timer not set to the default of 12 hours counts as a schedule.

Thanks,

Jim R.

If you're adventurous it's possible to remove this restriction but it would likely void any warranty you have.

For some reason when the evening schedule of 2400 rpm kicks on it turns off the pool circuit.

It does look like you only have the max of 4 circuits. I am not sure what is going on.

What Circuit Function does your Pool Circuit and your High Speed Circuit have???

On the surface, turning on your High Speed Circuit should not shut off the pool circuit.

The manual says to run 24/7 to set the time to 8 am to 8 am. Not sure if that literally means 8 to 8 or if it means the start and stop times need to be the same. I have always used 8 to 8.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Laura,

I agree with Marty. ScreenLogic will allow you to enter a billion schedules, but the EasyTouch will only allow a max of 4 schedules or egg timers to be used.

Any egg timer not set to the default of 12 hours counts as a schedule.

Thanks,

Jim R.
I think you all solved it. If I look in the config app there is another schedule labeled “don’t use” not sure if that counts as a schedule but I need to figure out how to delete it and see if that remedies my issue. Can’t figure out how to delete it from the config app but I’ll try from my computer later.

Thanks! Hoping that was the issue

Attachments

• 2463E8D5-95E3-467D-A391-A2112EE01811.png
    2463E8D5-95E3-467D-A391-A2112EE01811.png
    127.8 KB · Views: 5

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It does look like you only have the max of 4 circuits. I am not sure what is going on.

What Circuit Function does your Pool Circuit and your High Speed Circuit have???

On the surface, turning on your High Speed Circuit should not shut off the pool circuit.

The manual says to run 24/7 to set the time to 8 am to 8 am. Not sure if that literally means 8 to 8 or if it means the start and stop times need to be the same. I have always used 8 to 8.

Thanks,

Jim R.
I’m not sure what your asking by what circuit function they have?

Normally we run from 6am - 10 pm but right now the pool schedule is set to run from 6 to 6 to keep the heatpump going overnight.

I got that schedule deleted, thanks for that tip, maybe that was the issue since with the egg timer there were 5 schedules?

Thanks for all the help!

Laura,

Circuit functions can cause weird issues if not set to Generic, unless they really need a circuit function like IntelliLite pool lights.

That said, I asked that before I saw your post about the extra schedule.

Let's see if removing the extra schedule fixes your issue. If not, report back and we can dig a little deeper.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Lhegyi
Laura,

Circuit functions can cause weird issues if not set to Generic, unless they really need a circuit function like IntelliLite pool lights.

That said, I asked that before I saw your post about the extra schedule.

Let's see if removing the extra schedule fixes your issue. If not, report back and we can dig a little deeper.

Thanks,

Jim R.
That seems to have fixed it. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.