Easytouch not setting pump speed on VS pump

blakeusa

In The Industry
Jul 8, 2010
Ashford, CT
I am going to double check again today - but when I opened my pool yesterday it seemed like the ET control panel - under Pool Pump Settings (where you can set the pump speed) was not resetting the pump speed. Its a Sta-Rite (SRVS) pump, same as Pentair (SRVS).

Manually with the ET low voltage wire not connected to the pump (manually) the pump works fine. ie Pump speed 1,2,3,4.

All else works well from the ET- turn pump on/off.. but when I say reduce the speed from 2700 to 1700 the pump does not change speeds. It always worked before... as soon as you saved the setting.

Any ideas of what to check... thanks

Tested and the ET panel is not changing the pump speed.

Tried resetting the panel and turned power on and off and still does not work.

I am going to clean the connections on the low voltage cable and see if that works tomorrow.

B

Blake,

When you have the serial cable connected to the pump, does the pump's control panel say something like "Display not active"?

If so, this is a pretty good indication that the pump and the ET are communicating.

Please tell me again how you are trying to control your pump's speed?

Do you have Pentair remotes or ScreenLogic?

Most of the time when the speed will not decrease, it is because something else is on that requires a higher speed. Try increasing the speed and see if that works.

Is the system in Auto/Pool? Does it make any difference in Auto/Spa?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Its connected via an Easy Touch system and has worked fine for 5 years.
I go to the ET control panel and Settings- then Pump - then can select speed up or down.
The ET shows 1700 RPM but under the Pump Status on another screen it shows 3200.
I can clearly hear its at 3200. Always adjusted in this method before.
Is in Auto Pool Mode
No error messages.
Display on Pump says Not Active.

Have tried power down, unplugging and resetting low voltage cable

What do you mean by "Something Else Requires a higher Speed"

Thanks
B

B,

It appears to me (keep in mind I'm not there...) that something is telling the pump to run at 3200 RPM.

Do you have anything that normally needs the pump to run at 3200?

Anytime the pump is told to go to two speeds, let's say 1700 and 3200 it will always go with the higher speed.

So, at this point, it would be important to find out if the 3200 RPM is a speed for cleaner, the spa, the ???

If 3200 corresponds to something known, then we can work backwards to determine why it is on when it should not be.

If 3200 does not correspond to some known use, then I have no idea what is going on, at least at this point.

Try this...

Setting, then Intelliflo, then Pump #1, then speeds..

You should have a display that has a 1/8 with the 1 flashing.. Below that you should have "RPM - 1200 or some other RPM, and at the bottom it should say "Pool" or some other circuit. Write down what it says on this screen.

Now push the up arrow and you should have 2/8 with the 2 flashing.. Write down what is shown on this screen.

Up arrow again .. with the 3 flashing..

Do this for all 8 screens and report back your findings.

Thanks,

Jim R.

THANK YOU.

I think you found the problem. Kids were playing with the panel late last year....

1= Pool
2-None
3-None
4- Pool @3200
5-None
6-Pool @1000
7-None
8-None

So the setting 4 was overriding the setting I was attempting to change at #1

B

Great help Jim,

I discovered this completely out of frustration trying to set up different speed options and I am not happy how these systems work. Totally reliable for me, but so archaic these things are in this day and age.

Reminds me of cutting edge automation we had in 1997. :p

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.