EasyTouch Egg Timer issues

shoot_the_goalie

May 15, 2018
NY
I run my pump 24/7, and have the schedule set for 7am-7am (every day). If I manually turn off my pump and then turn it back on again, it engages the egg timer to the default 12hrs. However, if I do so, once the egg timer runs its 12hrs, the pump shuts off, and the schedule doesn't come back until 7am the next day. Shouldn't the schedule just re-engage after the egg timer runs its course? Is there a way to disable the egg timer feature since I run my pump 24/7? Also, would it be better to set my schedule to say, 7am-6:59am, as I've heard that sometimes the ET can get confused using the same time for a 24/7 run?

stg,

I too run 24/7 and have the "Pool" Circuit scheduled 8 am to 8 am... I set the egg timer for Pool to "Don't stop"

On the other hand, I almost never manually turn off the pump.. If I'm going to do any maintenance, I just put the system in the Service Mode, as that is what it is for...

If you interrupt a schedule, it is normal for it to default to the egg-timer.. It really depends on when in the schedule you turn it on or off.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks for the info Jim.

How do you set the egg timer to "Don't Stop"? Do I need to make a 2nd schedule for the pool circuit, so that it shows "2" programs for the pool circuit under schedules?

Also was wondering... I have my vac set on a schedule for 7am-10am. If I turn off the vac manually and then turn it on again within the 7-10 window, the vac shuts off at 10. If I turn it on outside of that window, the vac goes for 12 hours, then eventually back to the original schedule. To the pool circuit, could it be that cause it's set 7am-7am, it "confuses" the system and doesn't allow it to go back to the schedule after the egg timer, if within the time window? That's why I'm wondering if scheduling for 7am-6:59am would maybe allow the system to return to schedule when the egg time expires.

Sorry, in addition, couldn't I just hit the reset button on the control box and that will clear all egg timers out of the system and default back to schedules? I haven't tried that, cause I'm concerned I'll end up resetting some other settings...though I have read that's not the case?

The egg timers in the Easytouch are set to 12 hours unless you change them. If you reset the unit. All the egg timers will be reset to 12 hours.

How do you set the egg timer to "Don't Stop"?

Egg-timers, that are not set at the default value of 12 hours, count as a program or schedule.. I just select the line and change it to don't stop..

View media item 1966
I should have asked... Do you have ScreenLogic???

The reset is like turning all the power off and the back on... It will not wipe out any programming. I don't believe that it will change any of the egg-timers that have been programmed to something other than the default.. If an egg-timer is in the middle of running, I would assume it would reset to the default or whatever it was programmed to do..

As an example.. I have an egg-timer for my fill line. It is set for one hour.. If I turn on the fill line and let it run for 30 minutes and then hit the reset button, the egg-timer would reset to the programmed one hour and not the default of 12 hours..

Feel free to change your run time if you wish, but I doubt it will have any effect on the egg-timer operation..

I think your problem is that you are trying to separate your cleaner operation from your pool operation.. Why would you turn off the pump if you just want to quit vacuuming?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.