Easy touch 8 Solar valve opening at night

Jaymax97

May 12, 2020
Las Vegas
Hey all,

My easy touch 8 controller seemingly randomly opens the solar valve actuator during the night. The control panel doesn't say that solar is activated, and the solar sensor is well below what it would be during the day. It sometimes happens when I have my cleaner program running, or when only my laminars are running, also sometimes if I manually turn on the pool at night it sometimes goes to solar and cools down the water which I don't want.

During the day it functions as it should, opening during my pool schedule, and closing when up to temp. But at night it's got a mind of its own.

The solar valve actuator and solar sensor are wired into my easy touch 8 control panel.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jay,

I have no idea why that would be... As a "guess" I'd make sure the under the Heat menu, that you have "Solar" selected.

I'd play with it, but I do not have solar system and use that output as an Aux Ex output to control other things..

It would be worth a call to Pentair to see why you do not have that menu option..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jay,

I have no idea why that would be... As a "guess" I'd make sure the under the Heat menu, that you have "Solar" selected.

I'd play with it, but I do not have solar system and use that output as an Aux Ex output to control other things..

It would be worth a call to Pentair to see why you do not have that menu option..

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks for the Help Jim.

I do have solar selected, in the heat menu.

And its really random but hasn't happened in the past week so hopefully its not too frequent. I'll update if i find a solution or if it worked it self out.

Sounds like you have pretty old ET firmware. Current fw 2.160 has 3 screens of Solar settings, including Night Cool. Although I find it odd that would be the default in older versions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.