DoePooled

Jun 20, 2021
Mineola, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Welp! I've done everything I can for this pool this season. I've gotten to swim a total of 4 times. So a few days ago, the pump quit working. I've tried several times to restart it. Today when it started to restart I could smell smoke so I turned it back off. Since it's so close to the end of the season I really don't see the point in replacing the pump and filter this year. How do I go about closing it please? I've never closed a pool down for the winter because this is the first pool we've ever had. Thanks for all the help to get it into a usable condition this summer! I really appreciate all the feedback.

We will have a live TFP Expert discussion next Saturday, August 28 at 11 AM EDT.

Doubt you are going to meet the most important thing, waiting until the pool water is below 60F.

We will have a live TFP Expert discussion next Saturday, August 28 at 11 AM EDT.

Doubt you are going to meet the most important thing, waiting until the pool water is below 60F.
Honestly I don't think I can do anything to get it ready because I don't have a working pump.

What’s the average winter temps where you’re at? I know Texas has all sorts of weather patterns so I’m wondering what winter is like there……

To mix chemicals you can use a brush, a sump pump, yourself, etc. Though if closing at this early date, you are likely to open to a pretty green pool in the spring.

I just noticed Texas. It is not likely you will close this pool. Best if you get things operating.

INYO Pools has pump motors. Maybe you can replace the motor or if you know someone who can do it for you.

We're having electrical work done starting Monday. The entire electrical supply to the pool has to be replaced. I made a suggestion to my husband about turning the pool into a backyard pond. I guess we'll figure out what we want to do in the next couple days. Honestly, I'm so exhausted from trying to get this pool up and running that I'm very discouraged at continuing the process. A pond might actually be the way to go. I watched a YouTube video and they actually stock ponds with fish that thrive on mosquito larvae, so mosquitoes might not be as bothersome as one would think...or they might! 😅

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.