Dying compupool?

ggenovez

May 27, 2012
Hi all,

I have a compupool cpsg16 I purchased in 2013. been a good system, but lately it's acting up.

I get a low salt fault, even though I have 3300 PPM of salt. 3500 is stoic. So I calibrated the system, and went from 11 to 50. That got the sensor to turn off the low salt light, most of the time. I also noticed the power light is flickering.

Does this sound like a bad cell, or electronic module?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I can't answer about the polarity or electrical questions....I've asked @JamesW for input.

Your SWG is quite small for your pool, unless you're running it on 100% 24/7. We always suggest when folks are buying a SWG they should go for cells at least 2x the size of the pool so you get plenty of FC and hopefully extend the lifespan of the cell.

But as to your chemistry issues.... first off, we *hate* pool store results. They're more often than not inaccurate and badly done. So *if* we can assume those results are accurate right off your FC is (was?) far too low.

You need to boost that FC up pronto! Use that liquid chlorine we keep harping about...don't mistakenly assume the cell will get your FC up where it needs to be (based on your CYA level) before algae moves in.
FC/CYA Levels

Maddie :flower:

Hi all,

I have a compupool cpsg16 I purchased in 2013. been a good system, but lately it's acting up.

I get a low salt fault, even though I have 3300 PPM of salt. 3500 is stoic. So I calibrated the system, and went from 11 to 50. That got the sensor to turn off the low salt light, most of the time. I also noticed the power light is flickering.

Does this sound like a bad cell, or electronic module?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I’d say you are on the outside edge of its life span, so let Compool know you are shopping and maybe they will cut you a deal. My opinion of Compupool is though they are cheaper, they are less forgiving than say Hayward and other name brands.
FYI, my IC40 Compupool recommends a CSI of +.2 to -.2. Thats pretty tight, IMO.

Thanks All.

I can see chlorine being generated when it switches polarity. Agreed I've gotten my money's worth out of the cell. I will reach out to compupool and see if they're willing to give me a deal on a replaceement. if not, then what is the recommendation? also, what size for a 15000 gal pool?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.