Dusty Pool Water from Tree Removal

newbiepo0lowner

May 19, 2021
Sacramento, CA
Pool Size
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi,

We removed 4 trees that were over our pool finally and doing so means a lot of fallen leaves, branches, and dust got into the pool. We have skimmed and fished out as much stuff as we can and am running the filter overnight at high RPM. We've cleaned/brush the pool earlier but noticed there is an increase amount of dust participles that settles at the bottom so creating a cloudy pool when its swished around.

I'm wondering what is the best approach to get the pool back sparkling clean and free of dust/clouds? It seems like the best approach might be to vacuum to waste but have absolutely no idea/tools to how to even do that or maybe hiring someone to vacuum the dust is another option? Would definitely love to do it ourselves but trying to determine how big of a job this is. We're running the pump for 12 hours at high speed and we have a polaris 360 but don't think it is doing the best job and want to make sure I'm not wasting precious pool pump time.

Thank you!

Keep filtering. The pressure side cleaners are not real good at getting fines. If you can manual vacuum, it might be better.

You can't really vacuum to waste with a cartridge filter, unless you had a waste line added before the filter. You can manually vacuum to filter and clean the cartridges when they get dirty.

You can't really vacuum to waste with a cartridge filter, unless you had a waste line added before the filter. You can manually vacuum to filter and clean the cartridges when they get dirty.
I am looking into manually vacuuming to filter. It seems like all I need is a vacuum head and maybe a hose? Wondering if I am able to reuse the polaris hose but maybe I need to get a separate vacuum hose from videos.

Do I need to get a good vacuum head or will one at Walmart do in order to get a good suction?

I do not believe you can use the polaris hose as it must fit into the skimmer suction hole. Most any vac head will work.

If you had a robot, the pool would be pretty much clean by now.

With a plaster surface you can use any vacuum head, and it doesn't need to be a high end vacuum. You will need a vacuum hose and insert it into the skimmer pipe opening to get a good seal. The Polaris hose won't fit the vacuum head so you can't use it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.