Bronze Supporter
May 20, 2020
Cincinnati, OH
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Hello all. I’ve been lurking for a few weeks getting ready to set up our first ever pool. This site is truly awesome.

Hoping to get some comfort from you — or confirmation of an imminent dumb choice.

Without a lot of shovel work, our Intex Ultra XTR 18x9x52” will be set up facing slightly downhill toward one of the 9’ ends. Need to remove all the sod still, but initial measurements show a 7” difference.

Our 5yo is 40” at his mouth so we would actually like the differential so he can stand very comfortably in say, 38” water, with 45” water in the “deep end”. We’re okay if the aesthetics are a bit weird.

Is this crazy and dangerous? Or do you think it’s fine, structurally? Thank you!

Last edited:
Yep, crazy and dangerous. :) I don't think you can put a large differential force across the pool and have it remain as desired. At least, it is likely to get out of square. Probably, it'll start sliding down the hill. I can imagine the deep end rotating down and the shallow end lifting up.

Reactions: Magis00
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.