Ducks in my pool

Brahin44

Jul 6, 2019
Maryland
Let me preface this by saying I’ve been a pool owner for a week and 2 days. Also been a home owner for that long. I made a rookie mistake. Put the hose in the pool to top it off (my pool gets 8-9 hrs of direct sunlight a day) and forgot about it. For 8 hours overnight. Roughly 2200 gallons of water ran into (and out) of my pool from my well. I have a AGP 24’ round, ~ 13500-14000 gallons. I found this forum and have done everthing I can since yesterday morning at 4 am. So here were my numbers as of 10 am 7/06
FC: .5
PH: below 6.8
TA: 10
TC: have not tested.
CYA: <30
CC has remained at 0

I’ve added 181 fl oz of 6% bleach
3 lbs of stabilizer (sock method)
2 lbs 12 oz soda ash
Readings as of 7/07 at 930 pm
FC: 3
CC: 0
PH: 7.0
TA: 30
CYA: 30
CH: 110

I just want to make sure everything is ok. I feel like ducks shouldn’t be eating things from my pool. Hope I gave enough info!

Welcome to the forum!
Good job! What kit are you using? Add it to your signature when you fill it out.
How does your water look?
I say maintain your FC based on FC/CYA Levels for a few days and see how the other parameters balance out.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook.

If you enter and save your test data in Poolmath we can see your shared data logs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.