Mickey Moose

Jul 28, 2015
Dallas, TX
It has taken since July 2014 for the ducks at the nearby pond to A) realize my pool is here, B) realize my owls are not real, or C) get comfortable with the environment of my back yard. There are now a handful of them visiting every day throughout the day.

What can I do to keep them out?

Thank you.

== Edit ==
I found...
* Ducks!!!
* Problems with Ducks
* Ducklings vs. TFP

...the hose idea, while good, I had already tried and didn't work. The floating gator head is fun so I'm getting one of those. Hopefully it works. Next step may be more drastic - they will not like it.

Last edited:
mariane, I was so disappointed about the hose failure though I couldn't get close at all and in some cases they were able to fly away before they water even reached them. I thought of trying it since I had, unrelated to my pool and the ducks, successfully used the tactic to drive nesting birds away from my house. It took a few days but they eventually got the picture.

• Sad
Reactions: mariane
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.