Drip leak where pump output goes into filter

May 13, 2018
Henderson, NV
I have a leak that’s about 1 drop per second right where the pipe from the pump connect to my filter. I’ve not worked with plumbing before, is this a DIY repair or should I call someone? If call, do you recommend calling pool repair or a plumber?

4A0B50ED-1644-4732-8717-23D5727561F8.jpeg

Mostly hand tight and maybe a little bit more. Don't overdo it
Yes !! It took me 5 years of reassembling my equipment each spring to realize that my ‘hand right’ was equal to the PB’s ‘hand tight plus 1/8th turn’. I made many drips that needed redoing in the meantime. Once I stopped overthinking it I was fine. A little under is fine and if it drips you can tighten it just a hair more. If you go too far it will start dripping more as you tighten too much. If you put it together and it doesn’t drip, walk away slowly. :)

Also, my eyes see the pic as leaking from the filter housing itself and not the union. It may not be the union causing the drip.

r0465600.jpg

This part screws into the filter. The leak is probably at the O-ring.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.