Drip from Backwash - Jandy NeverLube

Jul 20, 2017
TX
Noticed this morning that there was a drip in our backwash line. It’s periodic - almost steady but not quite.

We have a Jandy NeverLube off the Jandy filter.

What do I need to do or have our pool service company do?

Attachments

• IMG_4437.jpeg
    IMG_4437.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4438.jpeg
    IMG_4438.jpeg
    404.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4439.jpeg
    IMG_4439.jpeg
    566.8 KB · Views: 6
Jiggle the handle a bit and see if you can seat the diverter to be perfectly closed.

Jiggle the handle a bit and see if you can seat the diverter to be perfectly closed.
I did that. I also turned everything off, opened it a little, made sure it was closed. When I turned everything back on there was no drip for awhile. But I just check again - a couple of hours later - and it’s dripping again.

Replace the diverter.
James, with a new diverter can I replace that by simply turning everything off? Just want to make that when I open that valve up, I don’t have a gusher or all the water from the filter dumping out on me. I do do some things myself like change the cartridge in our Nature Fusion chlorinator.

I did that. I also turned everything off, opened it a little, made sure it was closed. When I turned everything back on there was no drip for awhile. But I just check again - a couple of hours later - and it

I did that. I also turned everything off, opened it a little, made sure it was closed. When I turned everything back on there was no drip for awhile. But I just check again - a couple of hours later - and it’s dripping again.
Why do you have a Handy valve on your backwash line?

Open the waste valve and the air bleeder valve to drain the filter and then replace the diverter.

Make sure to get the screws back into the original threads and do not cross-thread the screws when reinstalling them.

Reactions: austinl

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.