Bronze Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Finally sold my Intex Ultra Frame (including equipment) on Facebook marketplace and the draining began yesterday with a tiny submersible pump. Turned pump off yesterday evening and just plugged it back in this morning. I had no idea how much the liner was faded! 😳 Cannot wait until the buyer hauls this thing out of here and we can start the installation process for the new pool! We had a great two summers together but it is time to move on. Here is what it looks like as of this morning before I turned the pump back on. 🤯🥳

Oh and quick question!! When it gets super low, how do I get the remaining water out? Obviously we will be opening the plugs at the bottom after it gets too low for the pump (there’s one on each side of the pool), but I know there will still be some water left, especially in the middle. Shop vac??
8B97CF8D-741D-4273-A7E0-46996D75F29F.jpeg72A8F8C6-00B0-49D7-AB36-AD047982038A.jpeg

Last edited:
When I emptied mine, I just started lifting the pool on one side and moved the water toward the sump pump. I don't know how doable that will be with your size pool, so a shop vac is a good idea. And CONGRATULATIONS!! on your upgrade. I soooo can't wait to do that.

• Love
Reactions: thefloatqueen
When I emptied mine, I just started lifting the pool on one side and moved the water toward the sump pump. I don't know how doable that will be with your size pool, so a shop vac is a good idea. And CONGRATULATIONS!! on your upgrade. I soooo can't wait to do that.
That’s a good idea!! Our pump is sooooo weak and slow though lol but we shall see. There’s less than half a foot left to go and I’m taking a break to let the ground absorb some of that water. New owner is picking it up tomorrow, I believe.

Was it just underwater where the liner was faded or above the water as well?
You could always pick up and/or turn the liner inside out to get all the water out of it.
Just underwater. I’ll admit I had a tendency to keep my FC on the higher end during the summer so I wouldn’t have to add it as often. I also brushed the walls and floor a lot so that may have contributed to the fading too. It doesn't help that I leave it up all winter without a cover also lol.
Other than the fading and a few patches (that were disclosed in the ad), it’s in good shape. I took a magic eraser around the parts where dirt/debris/pollen left some marks on the liner. That was after I took the photos above and below, though lol

Last edited:
That’s a lot of water to move!

I trashed mine, so I helped it along when it got low by slicing into liner, but you can’t do that! You could set up another hose at drain plug, and another as a siphon.

I trashed mine, so I helped it along when it got low by slicing into liner, but you can’t do that! You could set up another hose at drain plug, and another as a siphon.
That sounds so fun lol!!!! Shooting at it would be even more fun/hillbilly since no one lives behind us haha! But yeah, I sold it so no fun for me lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Ooooh I forgot to ask you!! How are you liking your Pool Rover Junior? I ran Miss Queeny for the last time in the Intex yesterday and meant to ask you about yours! Your signature just reminded me lol!

Ooooh I forgot to ask you!! How are you liking your Pool Rover Junior? I ran Miss Queeny for the last time in the Intex yesterday and meant to ask you about yours! Your signature just reminded me lol!
I like him! The only downside is that he is heavy to lift out of pool. I need more upper body strength!

IT’S DRAINED, CLEANED, AND READY TO GO TO ITS NEW HOME!!!!!!! Being picked up today or tomorrow by the buyer! It’s early so I’m going to Facebook message her in a couple hours or so. If she can’t pick it up until tomorrow, is it okay to sit over a day (finished draining it last night) without water or should we take down the legs at least? I feel like there’s a higher chance of the liner puncturing if we were to take it apart and leave it on the ground for a day before pickup rather than leaving it up without water? Winds are very calm. What do you guys think? Eeeeek! Praying she will just come and get it today! Oh, and Happy Easter everyone!

I had a busy couple of days and somehow missed this. Apologies and have some belated well wishes as you close one door and open another !!!
🌈☀️☀️☀️🌈

• Love
What’s the story, morning glory? You’ve been quiet! Has your Intex gone to its new home?
Sorry I’ve been so busy!! The buyer actually picked it up two days ago and she loves it! Haha. My new equipment for the new pool is out for delivery today with FedEx (my Hayward cartridge filter and pump). Time to update the signature!! Or do I wait until after the install? Idk what the protocol is here, haha. New pool is getting installed before May (hopefully....we have been checking the forecast nonstop lol). I’m getting extremely excited!

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.