Draining my Intex and getting ready to install new AGP!! **PICS!**

It sat without any water for 2 days and everything went smoothly. Other than the buyers being completely clueless even though I included all the instruction manuals (the pool, sand filter, skimmer, alllll of it), all hoses, and literally EVERY little parts and pieces it came with, plus some extras that I threw in. The girl’s boyfriend threw the instructions out saying he could figure it all out on his own LMAO!! That pool is gonna be bright green by Monday. Guarantee it. 😂😂😂😂😂 The questions she has been texting me had me rolling. But I’m really happy that she loves the pool.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Newdude
Sorry I’ve been so busy!! The buyer actually picked it up two days ago and she loves it! Haha. My new equipment for the new pool is out for delivery today with FedEx (my Hayward cartridge filter and pump). Time to update the signature!! Or do I wait until after the install? Idk what the protocol is here, haha. New pool is getting installed before May (hopefully....we have been checking the forecast nonstop lol). I’m getting extremely excited!
Build thread coming very soon!!!! Oh and my new equipment arrives today and I just ordered it yesterday morning. Woohoo!

Can’t wait to see your shiny new equipment!
Girl, that filter and pump set is SO HEAVY!!!! And I’m shocked how huge it is lol. It doesn’t look that big in the photos. Compared to my sand filter, it’s light weight but DANG I about threw my back out trying to get it in the garage after FedEx dropped it off lol

Girl, that filter and pump set is SO HEAVY!!!! And I’m shocked how huge it is lol. It doesn’t look that big in the photos. Compared to my sand filter, it’s light weight but DANG I about threw my back out trying to get it in the garage after FedEx dropped it off lol
I ordered a 150 sq ft Hayward cartridge filter, too. FedEx dropped it off at the wrong house (same #, but 2 streets over)! I had to go get it and had no idea how big the box was. Had to drive it back to my house with the liftgate open on my SUV because it was too big!

Reactions: thefloatqueen
I ordered a 150 sq ft Hayward cartridge filter, too. FedEx dropped it off at the wrong house (same #, but 2 streets over)! I had to go get it and had no idea how big the box was. Had to drive it back to my house with the liftgate open on my SUV because it was too big!
Yes it is MASSIVE!!!!! Did you get the filter and pump set or just the filter? I got the whole setup and according to Amazon, it was supposed to weigh 70 lbs but I beg to differ lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Geez, how big is it? I need pictures, stat!
As soon as I get the new pool set up, I’ll show you. It is massive!! Probably way overkill for our size pool but I’d rather it be oversized than undersized, I suppose. I was just shocked. In the stock photos online, it does not look like the beast it is in person, lol!!!

Yes it is MASSIVE!!!!! Did you get the filter and pump set or just the filter? I got the whole setup and according to Amazon, it was supposed to weigh 70 lbs but I beg to differ lol
I got the filter and pump separately because I opted for a dual speed pump and couldn't find a combo that had that. With as big and heavy as the box was for just the filter, I can imagine yours with the combo!

Reactions: thefloatqueen
Hmmmm. I love my sand filter, but I confess you’ve got me thinking.
The guy at one of my local pool stores said people just seem to love one or the other (sand vs cartridge). I did so much reading online comparing them, and I swear people will defend one over the other to the end. I went with cartridge because backwashing kind of sounded like a nightmare in my small yard that already half turns into a pond when it rains!

The guy at one of my local pool stores said people just seem to love one or the other (sand vs cartridge). I did so much reading online comparing them, and I swear people will defend one over the other to the end. I went with cartridge because backwashing kind of sounded like a nightmare in my small yard that already half turns into a pond when it rains!
Yeah, but if you use skimmer socks and a robot, backwashing isn’t frequent. I just did mine for the first time in a year, maybe more. I’ve got plenty of room for it though.

Hmmmm. I love my sand filter, but I confess you’ve got me thinking.
do it jewish GIF

• Love
This is a HUGE reason why I decided to switch to cartridge. The very back of our yard turns into a swamp.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.