Drained Pool, still have problem -

SunLover18

Bronze Supporter
Jul 11, 2018
Fort Worth Tx
Im getting embarrassed at this point. I finally gave up and drained the pool, I drained it until there was about 1 foot left in the very deep end. It was green, but couldnt get it all out. I figured when it filled up it would dilute that enough it would filter out. Im not sure now as its filling up green. I stopped the water a little over halfway because I'm not sure if I should RE drain and try again, or poor money into chemicals, either way its gonna cost me $!!! Im actually selling my house in September, a big reason is the pool. So I just want to use it this summer, invest as little as possible since I have no money and wont be staying here too long... Advice? Drain again or Treat?

I did find a big tear in one of the grids in the DE filter, I bought a new one and that should help...at least help the filter..

Attachments

• IMG_0232 (1).jpg
    IMG_0232 (1).jpg
    401 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0233.jpg
    IMG_0233.jpg
    299.6 KB · Views: 19
Either way (sell or stay) you should fill it and treat it. Fill it completely, get the system operating, and do a SLAM Process properly until you pass all 3 SLAM criteria. That way you'll have a nice summer. And if/when you sell, the pool will be an attractive selling point and not a swamp that will make potential buyers run away.

As we always say here at TFP, it all boils-down to accurate testing with a TF-100 (or Taylor K-2006C) and maintaining the proper FC level as seen on the FC/CYA Levels. If you have questions along the way, just ask. Lots of folks here willing to help.

Either way (sell or stay) you should fill it and treat it. Fill it completely, get the system operating, and do a SLAM Process properly until you pass all 3 SLAM criteria. That way you'll have a nice summer. And if/when you sell, the pool will be an attractive selling point and not a swamp that will make potential buyers run away.

As we always say here at TFP, it all boils-down to accurate testing with a TF-100 (or Taylor K-2006C) and maintaining the proper FC level as seen on the FC/CYA Levels. If you have questions along the way, just ask. Lots of folks here willing to help.

Correct. Im going to have a pool service start coming, but should I get clean water in there for them?

When you fill the pool, just maintain it as stated earlier. When you say, should I get clean water for them, are you talking about the pool service or the buyers? If your talking about the pool service, then I’ll say that you can treat your water yourself and avoid spending $ on the pool service company. Just follow the advise mentioned earlier. The same goes for the buyers, getting your pool treated now would be a major attraction for the buyers and (again) you can do this yourself.

I drained it to a little lower than here. I was doing it alone and I was worn out and the rental was due.
Did you switch profiles on us? :D @SunLover18

I would get stocked up on liquid chlorine, do you guy's have menards? They are having their BOGO on Liquid Chlorine sale right now. No limit! 2 min :)

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.