drained 60-70% of pool water, refilled, what to do now?

ActivFam

Jun 30, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
While I wait for our TF100 kit to arrive I decided to drain 60-70% of pool water because our CYA was high and we had cloudy water/algae patches. Do I add any bleach or just wait for kit to arrive in few days? According to test strip this evening (7/3) everything is "balanced" but we clearly had algae patches on bottom after refill. I've read about SLAMing process and I'm figuring I need to wait until I know "true chemistry levels."

More backstory if interested:
Last week Monday 6/25, I noticed pool was getting "milky cloudy" or more aquamarine colored (not green) and having some small green algae patches on bottom. Kept filter running and vacuumed and scrubbed twice daily. During this time my levels were "normal" except CYA was reading above 150 on strip.

I started reading here about cloudy water and high CYA. Drained pool 1/3 way x 2...brought CYA level to 111 (per machine ran test at pool store). My strip was also reading the same at "100" However I am learning here that is still to high so I decided to drain more water and refill because I know I was going to have to once I received my TF100 kit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.