Drain water after lots of rain

kohlzor

Apr 25, 2020
Shrewsbury, MA
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
We have had tons of rain in the northeast and I need to lower my pool water level by a few inches. I have a sta-rite cartridge filter if I open the drain plug on the back of it and let filter run is there any harm?

if I open the drain plug on the back of it and let filter run is there any harm?
No, it won't hurt anything. If it has a threaded spigot fitting you might be able to connect a garden hose to it so you can direct the water flow.

Reactions: kohlzor
Just hang out in the PVC fitting section for a bit and mix & match.

Also known as... how I did my pad upgrade this year. I drew a rough sketch, set off for Home Depot in the morning and told my wife I'd be home in time for dinner. I bought probably 3x as many fittings as I needed, swearing I would go back after and return the unused ones. Guess what's still sitting in a big bag in the basement?

Actually, come to think of it, this describes just about every home improvement project. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: kohlzor
Also known as... how I did my pad upgrade this year. I drew a rough sketch, set off for Home Depot in the morning and told my wife I'd be home in time for dinner. I bought probably 3x as many fittings as I needed, swearing I would go back after and return the unused ones. Guess what's still sitting in a big bag in the basement?

Actually, come to think of it, this describes just about every home improvement project. :ROFLMAO:
Likewise I go into Home depot with a plan to pick up one thing and come back with a cart of random stuff half of which to think of it is still in my garage lol

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.