Drain pool or chem treat?

So I have checked cya and ph this morning. Cya is at about 50 and ph is 7.2. I added 6 lbs of stabilizer. Should I drain a bit to get rid of some cya so I don’t have to use as much liquid chlorine or should I go ahead and just use 6 gallons to reach shock level.

What are you trying to do?

You say you added 6 lbs of stabilizer and now ask about draining to lower CYA???

Why do you need to raise FC to shock level?

Recommended Levels

Should I go ahead and brush/vaccum to waste like it says on the SLAM page?
Either to waste or through the filter if the water level drops too much. As the FC kills the algae it will fall to the floor. Some of it will disintegrate but plenty will just sit there dead and need to go.

So it’s 1800. Closing out the day just finished my brush/vaccum/brush session. I tested after. FC was at 15 so I adjusted to get back to 20. Will leave it overnight and check it first thing in the AM. Of course, I am filling it back up with the hose to replace water lost.

Reactions: Newdude
Of course, I am filling it back up with the hose to replace water lost.
It usually sucks out way faster than the house spigot can replace it. So the vac to waste has to be quick, or in stages.

I always had great success brushing to one general area and then only having to vac that area. (Non SLAM times) As you brush algae it makes it poofy, but give it 15 mins and brush again. By the 3rd time you've gotten alot of it to move.

Reactions: qsmith3741
Lost a total of 4 FC overnight.
FC -16
CC-0
It’s still cloudy and can’t see the bottom. Its worth noting though that depth is starting to become more visual. It’s blue on the shallow end, almost a sea foam tint on the deep end.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It’s blue on the shallow end, almost a sea foam tint on the deep end.
Yup. Par for the course. Then you’ll get a blue shallow end and just a tinge in the deep end. Then all blue and it’s a filtering only problem instead of a chemistry problem. The FC loss will drop considerably at that point and you can hold the FC for 4 hours.... 6 hours.... 12 hours and it requires much less babysitting.

Then we preach POP. Pool owner patience. Sand filters can take the longest to clear the dead algae. Brush, brush and brush some more. Vac to waste to save the filter some and backwash anytime the PSI reaches 25% over clean readings.

You got this. You’re doing GREAT. Grab a beverage and keep at it. If you slack it risks lost ground and having to fight hard again.

Foot. On. Throat.

Finish it.

Yup. Par for the course. Then you’ll get a blue shallow end and just a tinge in the deep end. Then all blue and it’s a filtering only problem instead of a chemistry problem. The FC loss will drop considerably at that point and you can hold the FC for 4 hours.... 6 hours.... 12 hours and it requires much less babysitting.

Then we preach POP. Pool owner patience. Sand filters can take the longest to clear the dead algae. Brush, brush and brush some more. Vac to waste to save the filter some and backwash anytime the PSI reaches 25% over clean readings.

You got this. You’re doing GREAT. Grab a beverage and keep at it. If you slack it risks lost ground and having to fight hard again.

Foot. On. Throat.

Finish it.
Should I view that Adding DE to the filter thread?

CC is removed from the water when the sun shines on the pool surface. When it is raining, there is normally no sun.

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.