Don't understand how to read csi in pool math

boots

Bronze Supporter
Aug 3, 2018
Jacksonville/FL
Ok, I don't understand the poolmath part about csi. Sorry, but I am just not great at math. My csi is stated at -0.31. is this bad?

FC 8
CC .5
pH 7.5
TA 60
CYA 60
CH 325

Calcite Saturation Index - requires pH, TA, CH, CYA, Temp, uses Borate, Salt
Less than -0.6 is suggestive of problems for plaster, tile, stone, and pebble pools.
Greater than 0.6 is suggestive of problems for all pools.

So my csi is less than or more than -0.6? Negative numbers and such don't remember the rules. It's been a long while since college alegebra.

Numbers seem fine. I use to chase the CSI to stay at a specific range. Not anymore as I just want it to be within the guidelines! How does pool look?

Pool water is great after I slammed it last week, FC is finally at recommended levels. Next I work on the stains from the iron in my pool. Ordered the ascorbic acid and I just need to find a good but cheap metal sequestrant.

I have never had to deal with iron issues but someone will have an answer or suggestion soon...

Good to see ya using TFPC!!

Keep in mind CSI also requires water temp. I didn't see temp in your post. However, with your location in FL your water is at least 85 degrees.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.