GA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Any consideration for making pool math premium part of a donation package? Maybe a yearly package to make a donation /become a supporter and receive the premium pool math subscription as well? Just a thought.

Reactions: JoniTull
Great idea. I'd rather see that than the discount from Inyo Pools (which I personally would probably not use - nothing against Inyo). I think the discount from TFTestkits should remain though.

The "issue" may be that the app has to be paid for through the App Store or Play Store. It may be a paperwork nightmare to pull off a payment and then "assign" the app to someone.

Would it be easier to have it as an option when buying premium, in the app?

It would be a logistical nightmare to keep track of it and probably cause the price to increase just for the extra man hours to maintain a "donation" level matrix.
PoolMath is a yearly $7.99 for the premium version (unlimited logs, etc.). The free version saves the current test results only. Many who choose not to pay for premium keep a log or spreadsheet of test results.

Chances are the app/play store will still require a percentage of the price as they are hosting the app.

A donation already gets you other perks/discounts. Become a TFP Supporter

Some of what’s been posted here is a portion why the idea of bundling PoolMath into a donation package.…..but there’s more too.

3.2.2 ......Apps that seek to raise money for such causes (charities and fundraisers) must be free on the App Store and may only collect funds outside of the app, such as via Safari or SMS.
Above is a rule from Apple (Google has one like it) that spells out rules that if a Non-Profit asks for donations they MUST be done off of the App. We cannot have a subscription and a donation in the same boat here or they will reject the App.

The "issue" may be that the app has to be paid for through the App Store or Play Store. It may be a paperwork nightmare to pull off a payment and then "assign" the app to someone.
Not only would Apple/Android take their cut, but we’ve got other bills that the App pays for that would have to be taken into account. Currently TFP works with a developer who spends time daily on the App. While we haven’t pushed a major update out recently (one is in Beta, but we messed it up) Jon still spends time maintaining various items on PoolMath. These items include little things like helping with customer service or larger items like server maintance. Regardless, it’s very much in TFP’s best interest to keep him happy…..and an ongoing cut of the subscriptions are doing that. If however we bundle PoolMath into a donation there’s little doubt in my mind he’d feel somewhat pushed out/undercut, and I’d totally understand that mindset.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.