Dolphin Z5 Turns On, Rotates Left, Rotates Right and Then Stops

When it starts it goes through a quick self test by moving both way and running the suction fan.. If it fails the self test it will stop..

About the only thing that you can do is ensure the suction fan is not stopped up with hair or ??? The other thing that will stop it are the bearing for the track are worn out..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim,

You know it dawned on me that the behavior might have been some type of test but there is no mention of it in the manual!

I pulled the impeller cover and sure enough there was some stuff caught on there. I also noticed one set of tracks had some stuff tangled in it. It looks like polyester filling. Not sure where it came from but I'm going to clean the heck out of it.

I'm also intrigued by these track bearings. Is this something that is serviceable?

ac

ac,

I "assume" it is similar to all the Dolphins I have seen other than the newer S200, 300 style units... If so, each side has several bearings that the track rolls over.. If you are at all handy they are easy to replace.. The ones that I have done, were a pain to get to all the screws, but simple to repair..

I suggest you go the Marina pool and spa and check out their repair parts.. They should also have a parts breakdown for your Dolphin..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.