Dolphin wicker storage box - need ideas ?

Riddler0520

Jul 26, 2020
Charlotte, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Has anyone purchased a wicker square deck type box for their dolphin and cord ?

not looking to use caddy and just keep it to the side of the pool near outlet

without spending time searching for the right dimensions wondering what has worked well for others ??

needs to be resin wicker so it ties in with surrounding furniture and ONLY the Dolphin will sit inside so please don’t send ideas for massive deck boxes as we already have one for all the toys

thanks all for the help 👍

M600 Dolphin if that makes a difference

Yup, a few folks have written that they've got boxes to store their bots in. Just remember to lay the device on its side to keep pressure off the brushes.

Maddie :flower:
Are there any threads with links to the boxes that fit the dolphin nicely ?

great tip to lay on its side and preserve the brushes

Reactions: m a hanson
@Newdude @kimkats @cowboycasey @mknauss @Dirk

This is where my GFI outlet is located
It’s about 34” wide (this photo is deceiving)

here is what I was going to do - need thoughts and help

I was going to mount the control box to stucco wall next to outlet AND cover it with some sort of hard plastic cover guard - like an outlet cover or thermostat wall guard but much larger - and cut the bottom open so you can slide your hand under in case you need to hit the power button - I have the M600 so have the App

first Q: I’m not that handy but assume something at Lowe’s has to exist for me to screw in a clear guard and weather protect the unit ? Not sure how to mount it to the wall either ? Geez, wish I was Mr Handy

second Q : M600 is about 23x23 so figure a square wicker deck box about 27x27 will have enough interior space for me to store it - most are high enough giving about 8-10” of clearance on top and would plan on laying the cord on top of the unit - thoughts on this ?

any other brilliant ideas from folks ?

I’m right for space in this area, live on a wooded lot so will be using the robot frequently and have no desire to caddy it back and forth as I would have to store it in my gym closet or up a hill in the garage - neither are really good options

FEB4E7D8-73F8-4669-B8DB-8C7BC3813D87.jpeg

That does look like a great spot for you to store it. Nice and close to the pool. Can you take pics of the control box as I don't know what you are working with to know how to best come up with a plan with you and you KNOW I will come up with some kind of wild idea and it might even work! LOL

These 2 might work :)

That does look like a great spot for you to store it. Nice and close to the pool. Can you take pics of the control box as I don't know what you are working with to know how to best come up with a plan with you and you KNOW I will come up with some kind of wild idea and it might even work! LOL

Kim, here you go
Maybe some sort of clamps to hold the control panel on the stucco wall right of the outlet

the box for the robot - hmmm, the cord is attached to the control panel so I guess I could unplug it to store the cord in the box - that wouldn’t be a lot of effort 6324ADC1-84B4-44E4-A4A9-B4C3A70C20D0.jpeg63D44E77-9BCC-4080-B162-EDE37DE7C0C4.jpegFF57F0C4-E9BC-4576-9C33-AFEBCC10C5DE.jpeg

Maybe something like this to mount the control box in?

Reactions: Riddler0520

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yup, a few folks have written that they've got boxes to store their bots in. Just remember to lay the device on its side to keep pressure off the brushes.

Maddie :flower:
Another method would be to insert two boards on the bottom and let the robot be supported along its tracks.

That is a neat set up right there. I do wonder if you could just do as @panic_button says though and leave it right there with the water proof cover on it. @panic_button where do you keep the control box? (thinking on the cart but want to make sure).

sometimes I overthink things
That might be a great idea as I didn’t want the eye sore of leaving it under the patio and wheeling it back and forth

kind of like my grill - drop a cover over it and it disappears somewhat

I might even leave the base so it can sit on that and protect the wheels and leave the holder for control panel and remove the handle and extension and then just trim the cover down to shape OR just get a small elastic grill cover to cover it - like the ones for the small portable Webber grills

wheels are turning now - thank you

Reactions: kimkats
If it was me I would probably just leave it on a caddy with a cover over it and and park it under those stairs when not in use. I used to be so worried about mine getting wet from rain and now I just park the power supply and caddy under the awning of my shed and leave the robot in the pool to run all night.

also they sell covers for their classic caddies pretty cheap.

Last edited:
Reactions: Riddler0520
I'm new here but used this forum to research cleaners. I ended up buying the Warrior SE (SI wasn't available) from Marina. I found this box meant for package deliveries on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XRS7TTB?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share.
I modified it by building a base out of scrap pvc lumber to hold the cleaner off the brushes, added a strap to hold the cord and mounted the power supply on the underside of the lid. I also added a few screws to stiffen up the box. Tomorrow I will run power into the box to plug it in (maybe add a smart outlet). At some point I may add casters if I decide I need to move it but I can run it from its current location, so not doing that now

My main purposes are to protect it from the SW FL sun and hide it from my 2 year old grandson who will try to ride it if found. 20210519_223228.jpg20210519_223317.jpg

I'm new here but used this forum to research cleaners. I ended up buying the Warrior SE (SI wasn't available) from Marina. I found this box meant for package deliveries on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XRS7TTB?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share.
I modified it by building a base out of scrap pvc lumber to hold the cleaner off the brushes, added a strap to hold the cord and mounted the power supply on the underside of the lid. I also added a few screws to stiffen up the box. Tomorrow I will run power into the box to plug it in (maybe add a smart outlet). At some point I may add casters if I decide I need to move it but I can run it from its current location, so not doing that now

My main purposes are to protect it from the SW FL sun and hide it from my 2 year old grandson who will try to ride it if found. View attachment 335059View attachment 335060
Smart, functional and creative
Well done !

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.