Dolphin VS Pentair

Bafrye

Gold Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Connecticut
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
I have read that the S300i is basically the same as the Warrior SI. My other half thinks we should stick to the dolphin brand, as the previous cleaner lasted over 12 years. I tried explaining that Maytronics makes them both. Any suggestions as to which one we should go with?

I don’t think they are the same. The warrior SE is the same as the s200 and I bought the SE
But I think the SI only has Bluetooth and thought the s300i could be controlled using WiFi BUT maybe wrong. If it’s the same price shop, same company makes both

Marina pool, spa and patio has a great video on choosing a pool bot
this is their web site Robotic Pool Cleaners - Maytronics Residential I going to call them this week I'm in the market for one also. Other members say you can't beat their prices I assume they will ship one to you
Yes, free shipping usually. I have the warrior SE in automation mode and love it.
Have it programmed to run from 5 to 7am every morning.
Also ask for free filter upgrade if you have leafs. Helps keep the pleated filters clean

The Pentair SE (same as Active20) is $20 cheaper as I just ordered another from Margaret this week. It is also in stock whereas she said the Active20 is back ordered for 2-3 weeks.
(Darn lightening killed our beloved "Sheldon 2.0")

Maddie

Reactions: markayash
The Pentair SE (same as Active20) is $20 cheaper as I just ordered another from Margaret this week. It is also in stock whereas she said the Active20 is back ordered for 2-3 weeks.
(Darn lightening killed our beloved "Sheldon 2.0")

Maddie
How are their prices ? I'm looking at the Dolphin S300i if pentair has an equivalent for less that would be great. I'm not sure what this comparison sheet is on their website? https://marinapoolspaandpatio.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Robotic-Cleaner-Comparisons-2020.pdf

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I just bought a Warrior SI from Marina....the Warrior SE is exactly the same as the S200/Active 20 just different color plastic and it's $20 cheaper. The Warrior SI and the Prowler are kind of variations on the s300 and s300i. They offer some of the features of the 300 series but not all. Mechanically they're all the same robot so they suck up debris with the same power, it's just electronic feature differences and if it comes with a Caddy. Having the Warrior SI there is nice if you have particular features you don't care about since you can save some money. Personally I liked having the option to control the robot via my phone so it was an easy choice to spend $30 more for the warrior SI over the s200. But I didn't need a Caddy so there was no reason for me to get an S300 for an extra $150. Especially since you can buy caddy's separately for about that price so it's easy to get one later if I change my mind.

Personally I was thinking the S300i at first too but then I realized I didn't need the caddy (my pool is down some stairs from where I will be storing the robot). The extra cleaning cycles and scheduling ability of the S300i are nice but I decided I could do without since I knew I'd be taking the robot out of the pool after cleanings (which makes the scheduling features useless).
I liked the idea of a floor only mode on the 300i but then realized I could just run the warriors cycles a second time on the shorter time setting if I wanted things cleaner. While a floor only mode would be nice it definitely wasn't $250 worth of nice for me so I got the warrior SI over the 300i

Last edited:
I would not spring for the extra $50 for the SI if I did it again. I drove it with the phone app one time and never did it again. Robot is very slow to respond to input and it’s a very tedious exercise. The SE would have been fine.

Reactions: steevo
I ended up with the Active 30i same as the S300i I've had it one week and so far I like it. I did a 3 day demo of the S300i it worked pretty well But after getting mine I'd say the demo one was pretty worn did not perform as well. Myself I like the Wifi the yeah manual control is kind of weak, as for overall performance it dose pick up all the fine dirt in the pool. The big test will be after a windy day and all the green belt behind our property attacks the pool. One thing I like about the Active 30i and S300i they come with the leaf basket (and fine filters) the caddy was a must for me it's really convenant. I just sent for the Dolphin cover for the unit. As for Marina Pool Spa & Patio from now on any big items I'll call them first.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.