Dolphin s vs active

Jun 21, 2013
NY
After reading almost all 90 pages of the s200 owners thread I am just about ready to order. Now that Dolphin has the $25 rebate I am going to go with dolphin over the pentair warrior but I am getting frustrated deciding between the s200 and active 20. Everyone says there is no difference but then why 2 models? Why not just s200 blue and s200 gray? There has to be some difference but I can't seem to find anything.

I have the Active20. As far as I know, they are the same. If you are getting from Marina Pool Spa, be sure to ask for the combo filter system.

There is no difference outside of color. In fact the S200, Active 20, Dolphin T35, Dolphin Triton PS, and the Dolphin Discovery are all the same cleaner just differing in color. Check the Maytronics website and compare the five models. The primary reason for multiple models is that the are offered through different marketing channels.

I ordered mine yesterday and Pentair SE was the best price option at $699 with free shipping. Margaret is very nice and was extremely helpful answering questions since this is my first robot. She confirmed the SI really doesn't do much for you unless you just want to "drive" it yourself with the wireless connection. If they're busy leave a message and send an email. She will call you back. She was in a long meeting when I called so she even texted me to be sure I knew she hadn't forgotten me.

Good luck!

Chris

Also here is a thread on automation mode..I have mine working and love it

There is no difference outside of color. In fact the S200, Active 20, Dolphin T35, Dolphin Triton PS, and the Dolphin Discovery are all the same cleaner just differing in color. Check the Maytronics website and compare the five models. The primary reason for multiple models is that the are offered through different marketing channels.

That is correct.
The same happened to me when deciding between the S300i and the Active 30i.
The only difference are the colors.
The Marina Pool website has a chart that shows the various models and they show these dual model number designations together.
For example, they show the Active 30i/S300i in the same chart column.
When I called them to inquire they were very helpful.

Puertex

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I ordered mine yesterday and Pentair SE was the best price option at $699 with free shipping. Margaret is very nice and was extremely helpful answering questions since this is my first robot. She confirmed the SI really doesn't do much for you unless you just want to "drive" it yourself with the wireless connection. If they're busy leave a message and send an email. She will call you back. She was in a long meeting when I called so she even texted me to be sure I knew she hadn't forgotten me.

Good luck!

Chris

I was leaning that way too until Maytronics dropped their rebate. 719 - 25 makes it a hair cheaper than the pentair now. The pentair rebate seems like a roll of the dice because of the sale price.

That is correct.
The same happened to me when deciding between the S300i and the Active 30i.
The only difference are the colors.
The Marina Pool website has a chart that shows the various models and they show these dual model number designations together.
For example, they show the Active 30i/S300i in the same chart column.
When I called them to inquire they were very helpful.

Puertex

Which did you end up getting?

I was leaning that way too until Maytronics dropped their rebate. 719 - 25 makes it a hair cheaper than the pentair now. The pentair rebate seems like a roll of the dice because of the sale price.
Yep, I looked at the Pentair rebate but it clearly requires purchased above the minimum recommended sales price. May try it anyway.

Chris

Yep, I looked at the Pentair rebate but it clearly requires purchased above the minimum recommended sales price. May try it anyway.

Chris
I got my rebate earlier this year but several have been declined. Maybe because I bought in the "off season" they weren't as picky..
Plus I am sure the Covad mess has consumers and companies watching their dollars closer

Reactions: setsailsoon
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.