Dolphin Nautilus

Apr 30, 2016
Bettendorf, IA
I have a 24' x 54" above ground in Iowa. I have a aquabot pool cleaner now and would like to upgrade. I really want to get something that can clean the walls and waterline. I have spoken with my LPS and they said that an in-ground cleaner is suitable for above ground without issue (I was nervous, so I asked them about this). So, after some lengthy research I found the Dolphin Nautilus CC and it is at the right price point for me. I have two question pertaining to this:

1. Is anyone else using an in-ground robot on their AG pool, and if so are there any issues you are experiencing?
  2. Is anyone using or have experience with the Dolphin Nautilus CC? I would like to see about getting some real world feedback.

Lastly, before you ask...I did search the forums and didn't really see anything pertaining to my exact ask. Thanks in advance for the assistance.

This is the unit I am looking at...

I have a 24' x 54" above ground in Iowa. I have a aquabot pool cleaner now and would like to upgrade. I really want to get something that can clean the walls and waterline. I have spoken with my LPS and they said that an in-ground cleaner is suitable for above ground without issue (I was nervous, so I asked them about this). So, after some lengthy research I found the Dolphin Nautilus CC and it is at the right price point for me. I have two question pertaining to this:

1. Is anyone else using an in-ground robot on their AG pool, and if so are there any issues you are experiencing?
  2. Is anyone using or have experience with the Dolphin Nautilus CC? I would like to see about getting some real world feedback.

Lastly, before you ask...I did search the forums and didn't really see anything pertaining to my exact ask. Thanks in advance for the assistance.

This is the unit I am looking at...
I would suggest calling Marina Pool for recommendation. I was almost ready to pull the trigger from Amazon but ended up buying from Marina. Better services and competitive price.

I am on season 3 with a Nautilus CC Plus. It's been invaluable and I would replace it tomorrow with the exact same robot if it died today.

I ended up buying from Amazon from an authorized seller and added a square trade warranty for a total of 5 yrs coverage.

I would highly recommend a dolphin no matter where you buy it from.

I don't really think there is something in robots design that makes them suited to in-ground or above ground pool only. In my opinion models that are marketed as above ground tends to be a simpler, cheaper versions of the ones marketed for in-ground pools. There is nothing stopping you from getting the most advanced and expensive robot and using it in your pool. It might be overkill but it's personal decision. Ask me how I know, lol. I was actually sick and tired of my Aquabot robot supposedly designed for above ground pool, that I decided to jump ship and got Dolphin M600. Could not be happier, except for the amount of money I had to pay:)
My old robot's cleaning capabilities were fine but it was getting stuck on walls, sometimes several times during one cycle. Most of the time it would also be going back and forth in the same area, as it relied on tilting axle for it's "navigation" By the end of my second season with it, power supply died. It was partially my fault not realizing that "weatherproof" doesn't mean you can leave it outside unprotected. I got new power supply but with new one it would switch back and forth even more randomly and wouldn't even attempt to climb walls. Decided to cut my losses and retire it. My M600 doesn't have problem navigating my pool, climb walls and scrubs waterline. I'm sure S200 or S300 or their equivalents would probably fit the bill too but before I made my decision I had M400 demo for a weekend and I loved how it performed, so I decided to go with it successor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.