Dolphin Nautilus Died - What is equivalent model?

wmathurin

Jul 19, 2021
Longwood, Florida
Good morning, I have had a Dolphin Nautilus for 6 years and it stopped working the other day. It runs for a few minutes and then just stops. I figured 6 years is a good run so looking to buy a new robot. I loved this one and it did everything I needed well. This is a link to the one I have now:

What is the equivalent model to this now in the Maytronics line? I am getting confused with all the new ones with wi-fi and other bells and whistles.

I paid $568 for the Nautilus back in 2015 from Amazon, which works out to $7.88 per month over the six years I have owned it. I am seeing ones on Amazon now for $1200 and $1500, not sure if that is the going rate or if these higher priced model have more than I am looking for in terms of features. I just want something simple, that works well for me to drop in the pool and it does the job for a few hours and then I take it out.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum!
Call Marina Pool Spa in Denver, CO. Margaret can provide you what is available and what is equivalent to the robot you have. There is limited supply so be ware of that.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Good morning, I have had a Dolphin Nautilus for 6 years and it stopped working the other day. It runs for a few minutes and then just stops. I figured 6 years is a good run so looking to buy a new robot. I loved this one and it did everything I needed well. This is a link to the one I have now:

What is the equivalent model to this now in the Maytronics line? I am getting confused with all the new ones with wi-fi and other bells and whistles.

I paid $568 for the Nautilus back in 2015 from Amazon, which works out to $7.88 per month over the six years I have owned it. I am seeing ones on Amazon now for $1200 and $1500, not sure if that is the going rate or if these higher priced model have more than I am looking for in terms of features. I just want something simple, that works well for me to drop in the pool and it does the job for a few hours and then I take it out.

Thanks in advance.
Are you certain the Nautilus itself has died or the battery pack just quit? I had a similar issue. I took my Nautilus completely apart and replaced the tracks, climbing wheels and foam floats (Dolphin allows user-replaceable parts!) then retired it in the pool. As I watched the robot begin its cycle, I noted the lights on the battery pack simply quit. A quick check of the outputs confirmed the battery was the culprit. My 7+ year old Nautilus Plus got a second life with a new battery pack!

W,

You really want one of the newer ones.. I had the Premier for 7 years and loved it.. Like yours, but with a floating handle... But.. the new S200 "style" robot beats it hands down.. Large top loading basket, built for DIY maintenance.. I still have the scars from working on my Premier... :mrgreen:

This is the style robot you want.

I agree with Marty.. Call these guys.. They can't sell them over the Internet, but can by phone or e-mail..

Margaret Mills
Marina Pool, Spa & Patio
7777 West Jewell Avenue
Lakewood, Colorado 80232
303-985-0077
[email protected]

Like a lot of pool equipment, they are in short supply..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Yes, the power supply. If it starts and runs for a few minutes then quits, I suspect your tracks may be binding. Have you ever replaced the tracks or any other moving parts?
Thanks. I have never done any maintenance or replaced any parts. I did find a local authorized Maytronics dealer that I may take it to for them to give me a diagnosis. I figured that would at least let me know what direction I need to go. Hopefully it can be repaired fairly inexpensive and I can get a few more years out of it.

Thanks. I have never done any maintenance or replaced any parts. I did find a local authorized Maytronics dealer that I may take it to for them to give me a diagnosis. I figured that would at least let me know what direction I need to go. Hopefully it can be repaired fairly inexpensive and I can get a few more years out of it.
Good plan. Keep us posted on results of troubleshooting. Good Luck!

I ended up reaching out to Marina and communicated with Margaret via email. I had my eye on the S200 or Active 20 but she would not have those until the end of August. After a few messages I decided to go with a Triton PS as that one of the few that she had in stock and matches the S200/Ative20, except it doesn't come with the spring filter, which I don't need since I have a screened in pool. Her price beat Amazon by $100 and with free shipping I'll be getting it tomorrow.

Thanks for letting me know about Marina and I would recommend them as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.