Emerald Coast Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Is anyone else experiencing issues on quality on the M600?

I purchased mine in August 2019, my pool was completed in October 2019. I've been using the robot 3x a week since December 2019 and is removed, rinsed, and set on the caddy and covered when not in use. So far, both tracks are very worn down, 1 track is almost split in half, the rear brush the foam (climbing rings) are deteriorated and fallen off and several of the paddles are hard have fallen off. The front paddles are fine and flexible. After calling Dolphin support, I was told these are consumable items and not covered under warranty. I would agree if the unit was more than a year old, but the replacement parts are over $150, I would expect more for a unit that is $1500+.

Thanks-

pb,

The foam climbing pads fell off of my Dolphin Premier after about 2 or 3 years.. I found that it works perfectly fine without them. When I replace the roller brushes, I will buy the full brushes and eliminate them all together. This robot is now over 5 years old and has the same tracks, but they are getting worn now and probably should be replaced. The brushes do not seem to have any wear at all???

I have no idea about yours, just giving you a point of reference..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Spoke to a support supervisor, and explained what I was told what was covered before I purchased the unit and all I got from the was a "Sorry, but it's not covered". I feel I wasted $1500+ on the M600, should have gone with my gut and bought the cheaper model... I will not recommend to anyone a Dolphin/Maytronics product any more!

Do you use a caddy or know to sit the cleaner on its side when not in use?

Maddie :flower:
I've been using the robot 3x a week since December 2019 and is removed, rinsed, and set on the caddy and covered when not in use.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been using the robot 3x a week since December 2019 and is removed, rinsed, and set on the caddy and covered when not in use.
Do you still use the same M600 robot? Have you had any new issues? Do you leave it in the water? Just curious, I'm a new M600 user. Thank you!

A number of years back I serviced a aquabot which is a tracked model. Put brand new tracks which were oem only to see it 6 weeks later badly worn. The guy complained it has a hard time climbing and when it does make it up the wall it loses grip and tumbles down. So I went to check it out in his pool and saw what he was describing. He was being lazy about emptying the lousy filter so he was stretching out to less often. When the robot loses suction due to a heavy filter full of dirt it also has diminished suction being restricted by a good flow for the pump therefore the tracks slip more then they actually propel it forward. In a gunite pool they wear out very quickly when there's poor housecleaning.

Do you still use the same M600 robot? Have you had any new issues? Do you leave it in the water? Just curious, I'm a new M600 user. Thank you!
I still use the M600. It is going in for repair #8 - LED lights have failed, I'm sure it's water intrusion yet again. Prior I removed it from the pool for storage, now I leave it in. I figure a waiting game - not if it fails, it is when it will fail next and for what.

There is a laundry list of items that have failed and were not covered under the warranty i.e. track splitting, brushes (rear) & climbing rings falling apart (3x) that came out of pocket to over $300 for a unit that was less than 1 year old along with 3 trips to Maytronics that I had to pay return shipping @ $60+ each time. Some parts are available to the public, currently the black gasket around the debris intake on the bottom is gone and cannot be replace unless you return and pay Maytonics.

Last edited:
Reactions: Krmcculley1130
I still use the M600. It is going in for repair #8 - LED lights have failed, I'm sure it's water intrusion yet again. Prior I removed it from the pool for storage, now I leave it in. I figure a waiting game - not if it fails, it is when it will fail next and for what.

There is a laundry list of items that have failed and were not covered under the warranty i.e. track splitting, brushes (rear) & climbing rings falling apart (3x) that came out of pocket to over $300 for a unit that was less than 1 year old along with 3 trips to Maytronics that I had to pay return shipping @ $60+ each time. Some parts are available to the public, currently the black gasket around the debris intake on the bottom is gone and cannot be replace unless you return and pay Maytonics.
That’s discouraging.. :neutral: I’m buying another one today for our kids. Hope they dont have the troubles you described. I can see brushes wearing out after a few years, but man, you’ve had some bad luck. Hope is gets resolved. (Maybe I’ll leave my booster pump on, just in case.)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My daughter has a Dolphin 30 does everything the M600 does and is $100's cheaper.
Just curious, have you tried both Models? Margaret (recommended by many on TFP) with Marina Pools recommended one of the 30’s or the M600 but leaned towards the M600 for MY pool layout and obstacles, and even apologized for recommending an expensive one. Many here have been talked OUT of expensive models by Margaret.

I have zero experience with robots. heck, I never knew there was a electric gadget that scrubbed walls and floors or I would have had one on day one! lol!

So now I’m stuck with an M600 that has become my new BFF. It came with the cart, has an xtra large easy to clean basket with replacement filters, works with WiFi (which I like because the power battery/controller has ZERO controls besides on and off). I like that the jets do not stir up the mess on the bottom of the pool, it simply picks the mess up. He does a magnificent job on the waterline, plus, I can manually maneuver it to just clean hot spots, walls or floors. Others have said the M600 is more powerful, if it is... great. All I know is It climbs stairs, goes in the grotto, scrubs the waterline and the pool is spotless. (Hasn’t done the tanning ledge yet.)

I’ve never seen any other model in action, so I’m not criticizing any other model. I’m just loving what this one does. Our daughter was over yesterday and said she had never seen our pool so blue.

I’m 99% sure I won’t have any problems with the M600 (that’s the wine talking..) but I can hope.

So after 7 (SEVEN) repairs and going in for #8, Maytronics has finally decided to replace the unit instead of repairing it. I guess they realized that they have paid more in shipping than the unit cost, not to mention 7 cords, & 7 motors due to water intrusion.

Reactions: imrodee
So after 7 (SEVEN) repairs and going in for #8, Maytronics has finally decided to replace the unit instead of repairing it. I guess they realized that they have paid more in shipping than the unit cost, not to mention 7 cords, & 7 motors due to water intrusion.
Glad to see u have a resolution finally! I really feel like u must have gotten a lemon 🍋 which can happen with any product. It’s concerning that it took so long for them to admit it though. Hopefully your replacement will serve u well for many years. Keep us posted.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.