Dolphin M500 not working - now mydolphin is not working

smite

Gold Supporter
Aug 27, 2018
Chapel Hill
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Moved from here.
Sorry for pulling up an old thread but after having the exact same symptoms as the OP, in the old thread i wanted to reach out for help.

I have an gently used m500 that appears to be connected to the control unit properly and yet it doesn't do the normal self check or power on to the cleaner. I also cannot change the settings on the control unit. For example trying to change the cycle time by pressing the button and nothing happens. The power light is on and I can reset the filter status as well as connect to bluetooth. The cleaner just doesnt move. The impeller is clean and I checked the connection in the swivel on the cable and the connections are super clean and look brand new. I am not sure what else to check and I am having the same symptoms on my m500. I bought it in June of 2019.

Last edited:
That unit has a 3yr warranty- I would contact Maytronics.
Thanks. Turns out that the motor was bad already so they replaced it. I had to pay shipping and they sent it back. The only issue I have now is I can't change the mode of operation. The app shows its connected but when I try to change anything in the app such as the time or mode it just does nothing.

I wiped the app data and cache and Uninstalled/ reinstalled and also tried using another mobile device and the same thing happens.

It worked fine previously to the repair before the motor went bad.

So I called support and they said it requires some help from the cloud or application team based out of Israel. It has been a couple of weeks and I called back again today and they have no resolution yet from what I can tell.

Is there any way to change the mode without the app?

The power supply has limited options.

Anyone else have suggestions or seen anything like this?

Thanks all!

A clean pool is a happy pool..

Last edited:
Do you have the remote? If not, maybe they can send u one?

Unfortunately I don't. I did ask them about that and they just said they needed to check with the application team first. I finally heard back from the support team via email and they pretty much told me to do the exact same thing I had already done several times after months of this issue. Turn off the device, uninstall the app, power on the robot and let it run for 20 minutes and then install the app and try to connect. Sure enough it made no difference.

I have to say I am pretty disappointed as it has really not worked well since I got it back after the motor replacement. Its almost as though it has the wrong motor or its an incompatible motor or something. It is no longer climbing up the walls when it runs it doesn't seem to clean much at all and since I can't change the mode in the app I have no ability to change any of the settings. It does appear to try to climb up the walls but it just fails to have enough water flow to climb up. I have checked the impeller and the tracks and everything is clean and looks pretty much as it should.

Its so strange as it worked really well last season and could be controlled via the app. When we tried to use it the motor just simply was bad suddenly without any warning or signs it was on the fritz. Now we have it back and its like its a totally different robot with way less capability. Pretty frustrating.

Last edited:
Looks like this app and the bluetooth of these are pretty unreliable.

I have found tons of threads like this:

I am pretty bummed to spend ~1500 bucks for a high end robot that is supposed to last at least several years just to have it die essentially after the warranty is over... Are the Polaris ones any better?

when i first bought my m500
i could not install the app on samsung mobile
told to update my phone which bricked my phone and had to buy new phone
maytronics finally sent me a remote
fast forward a year and noticed m500 was driving in a curve, like it needed a wheel alignment
maytronics found bearings had collapsed one side
they also did a software update
after the update i noticed it struggled to climb the walls
only way is the spring filters and spotlessly clean

Reactions: smite
Thanks for the reply. I have tried different mobile devices including a non Samsung tablet and an iphone. Additionally, it worked previously on all of these devices. Looks like I can get the remote from Marinas which is where I bought the robot. I assume it will at least allow me to control and change the modes. Its not driving in a curve its just not climbing the walls. I checked and cleaned everything really well.

I assume this is the right remote and how do you pair it the cleaner?

Thanks again for any help.

Last edited:
I think u should probably contact maytronics & demand they send u a remote as they obviously are aware of the issues this unit has. Maybe move up the food chain a little 🤷‍♀️ That’s a very large chunk of change that you already spent to now have to buy an extra device just to make it functional.
Marina also has that remote w/ free shipping. I am sure they would be happy to answer any questions u have - not sure about the random amazon seller in that regard.
Are u able to contact the place u bought the robot from? Perhaps they would have a better outcome dealing with maytronics on your behalf.

Reactions: smite
Thanks for the reply. I finally heard back from support and they said that they needed to replace the cable between the power supply and the robot as it seems after replacing the motor there is some failure in communication between the power supply and the robot. I understand from the person who called that they should have done this when they originally replaced the motor. The rep was very nice and very apologetic for process taking so long to get back to me with some sort of next steps and plan for resolution. It seems they had to spend some time researching the issue.

During the call they did immediately send me an RMA and a prepaid shipping label since I paid for that last time.

So at this point I have sent back the robot and the power supply again and hopefully they will be able to get it figured out to make sure it is back up and running again as it should. I will post an update on how things end up.

I did connect with Marina's which is where I originally bought it and they said to wait to hear back from Maytronics as they didn't know what to do given it seemed to be app related.

Thanks again!

Reactions: Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.