Dolphin M400

Fugazi

Apr 9, 2015
Saint Augustine Fl
I bought a dolphin m400
I had a few questions and the store had closed for the day..

1. Can I leave the power supply on the caddy?(I have the caddy on the covered patio)

2. The mesh filter was already in the unit but it came with a thicker filter that looks like the pool filter I clean from the pump... what’s the difference and why would i use one over the other.

3. I left the handle setting as it was out of the box. It mentions something about adjusting this for wall climb.. what exactly does this mean and what setting should it be?

I bought a dolphin m400
I had a few questions and the store had closed for the day..

1. Can I leave the power supply on the caddy?(I have the caddy on the covered patio)

2. The mesh filter was already in the unit but it came with a thicker filter that looks like the pool filter I clean from the pump... what’s the difference and why would i use one over the other.

3. I left the handle setting as it was out of the box. It mentions something about adjusting this for wall climb.. what exactly does this mean and what setting should it be?

1) yes you can leave the power supply in the caddy. that’s where mine is. just keep it in the shade.
2) the thicker, folded filters get all of the fine dirt and the big stuff... the screens get the bigger stuff only. i only use the fine filters. it does effect the flow ( suction) , so when the get dirty, mine won’t climb the walls to the water line. i added some cut up pool noodles to make it climb better.
3) setting the angle of the handle , one side full front, the other side full rear, make it move across the water line

i love my m400

mike

The power supply is not rain-resistant, so I keep the whole shebang on a covered patio against the house. I would not leave it uncovered in the weather (see the manual...also the power supply is a really expensive replacement!) I don't leave the cleaner in the pool, so when it is stored on the caddy, I cover the whole caddy and cleaner with a patio chair cover in case of blowing rain, and since we're on a corner lot, so curious eyes peering over the fence don't see what it is (there is already a report on this forum of a robot theft, and at our house, we've had wrought iron chairs stolen from the front porch.)

I have only used the standard filters. They stop a lot of stuff. After the pollen season, I might try the superfine, although we mostly have fine stuff just floating, so it gets caught, mostly, by the skimmer socks.

The handle has floats on either side. Since they tend to float level, when on the wall, the angle puts the cleaner at an angle to the water level. That angle makes the drive tracks cause the cleaner to scoot along the water line. It's also enough, especially with the floats extended, to get one side of the front brush out of the water, enhancing the water level cleaning. Fascinating to watch, too, as the cleaner seems to be defying gravity!

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thank you for your replies .
I did notice that the default mesh filters my M400 would climb high on the walls just below the deck. When I swapped out with the thicker filters, the robot didn’t go as high. I am going to try having one thick and one thin on each side to see if that allows it to go higher.

Thank you for your replies .
I did notice that the default mesh filters my M400 would climb high on the walls just below the deck. When I swapped out with the thicker filters, the robot didn’t go as high. I am going to try having one thick and one thin on each side to see if that allows it to go higher.
that’s why i added additional flotation. i took two pieces of a pool noodle, spit them open and ny-tied them under the stock floats

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.