Dolphin M400 From Marina's Pool and Spa

smite

Gold Supporter
Aug 27, 2018
Chapel Hill
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So after a ton of research I decided to jump in and go for the M400 over the s300i for several reasons including the longer base warranty, the third roller since I had a bit of a raised drain that seems to be an issue for the non m series. Unfortunately even though I got a decent price from Marina's which is mentioned often on these forums, it seems they sent me a used one even though I was told it was new.

It arrived with a crack in one of the wheel hubs, large scrapes in the actual sides of both wheels, and the caddy where the power supply sits has cracks. See these pictures below. Also the white Teflon rollers on the treads of the actual unit look like it has been horribly compressed/damaged. I called Marina's Pool and Spa immediately and on request sent them pictures and now when I call back it seems like they not answering my calls. When I originally spoke with the guy I asked if I should leave everything in the box at this point and wait to hear from them. His response was to wait and they will get in touch with me as its possible Maytronics sent them a used one.

I will update this thread on how this gets resolved to try to help others who may be thinking of purchasing from these guys.

20180928_181332[1].jpg20180928_181416[1].jpg20180928_181519[1].jpg

So I just heard back from them and they said the serial number shows it is not a refurbished unit which is a relief. They also said they would send replacement parts for anything that was damaged which is great. Margaret was very helpful and pleasant and I look forward to getting this thing in use once we get this straight.

Smite,

I "assumed" the hard and compressed rollers were just packing material and came within a microsecond of ripping them off... before I came to my senses... :p

Turns out once in the water they swell up and work fine..

That looks like shipping damage to me.. Even a scam internet dealer would not ship out items that look like that and expect to get a way with it..

Thanks,

Jim R.

My S300i box from Marina looked like it had been kicked off a hillside and I was unsure what the contents would look like once opened. Fortunately all was packed well enough that there was no damage though the box did have a few puncture wounds from shipping.

I don't know about FedEx... They once crashed a plane and Tom Hanks was stuck on an island for a while because of it - true story, saw it on TV!;)

Thanks for the replies. I too have had my share of Fedex woes but in case the box was not damaged at all, and it was not even double boxed either. The contents looked like they were just thrown in without much rhyme or reason with loose pieces of cardboard and the heavy duty filters had what looked like sand and grit on it almost like Wilson was playing with it on some island. They didn't look dirty but they don't look new either. Marina's said it came from Maytronics this way and that I can go ahead and use it but I am a little reluctant.

My Dolphin robot was shipped direct from Marina.

I would not accept what you received, as described.

I agree with Marty...I would not accept the unit delivered as you described it.

I look at it this way...the money you sent them was perfect. Every cent worked perfectly. Why is it OK to accept something less in return? I'd tell them to keep their spare parts and send me the one I paid for.

So after a bit of emailing back and forth and sending pictures of the filters and the scratches on the front of the unit they are going to have me send this one back prepaid and send a new unit. At this point I am just waiting on the label.

After reading some more threads on the differences I asked if I could move up to the m500 and pay the difference since it has more cleaning modes and a longer run time which I think I will use.

We will see what they say,

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.