Dolphin E10 Review

Following - this is on sale in Canada for $599 CAD plus $60 off for spending over $500 -- I may look across the border though. We have an AGP and I'm fine if it just does the bottom well.
It SUCKS that this needs to have a second filter purchased though!

There are 5 different versions of the Dolphin for AGPs. I compared all of them and can't find a difference in any of them. Anyone knows what is the difference in the series's?

Different colors and different retail channels.

So nothing really. They all work the same and have the same features.

My rover is about shot. I'm looking at something that has brushes this time, because the rover will not suck up fine dirt or get close enough to the cove to gt the dirt settled there. Tried suction side vacuums but had my last one get stuck by the steps, suck the lainer up and cut it. Since changing the liner this past spring, I am staying away from those.

Has anyone had issues with the brushes messing up a vinyl liner?

Thanks.

My Rover motor is going bad I think. My original power supply broke or something. So the money I'd have to spend to fix the motor, I will just get something better.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well, I blew a fuse the other day. Just changed it and smoke was coming from the quick connect. Pull it apart and one of the prongs is broke on the cable side.
Time to find a cheap cable or replace the whole unit.

I cannot find the connectors anywhere. Anyone know what they are called or where to get them? The quick connects between the motor cable and the cord that goes to the power supply is what I.m talking about.
If I can find them anywhere, can I just cut the connections off, splice and seal the cable? Has anyone done this with success? Or would you find some other connections that are submersible and install them?

Any advice is appreciated.

Glad to see so many positive reviews. The will be my first Dolphin robot. E10 model.

My first robot, JAWS, a SmartPool PT7i Inground Climbing Robotic Pool Cleaner, was great after the first season. The second season the motor(s) that drove the wheel drive system failed. Of course the one year warranty was up so now JAWS sits in the shed. I should try and take it to an electronics shop after all this COVID-19 has gone away. I'll post an E10 unpackaging when it arrives

The surface really doesn’t matter. Only under unusual circumstance would there be an issue - vinyl could possibly get punctured if something sharp was in the pool and the robot dragged it OR fiberglass would be too smooth and the robot might not climb very well. But those kinds of issues are rare so a robot really works in any pool. I do believe you can sometimes switch out the rubber brush style rollers for solid foam rollers in the case of a vinyl pool but that’s the only modification I’ve seen that makes any difference.

Reactions: mckinneymagnum
I have the Active 10 which is the same as the E10.

Very good robot. I don't ever manually vacuum ever. I put it in the pool on a warm day to get the leaves from winter and it is sparkling clean while other pools around me are green pits or not even opened yet.

Sure it costs $500 or so and you should buy the 2nd better filter, but it lets me focus on other things and honestly is the easiest thing ever. I would never have a pool without a dolphin robot.

Reactions: AJ.A
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.