Dolphin E10 Review

Man, talk about being frustrated. I bought a cleaner which won't clean anything unless it a bug or a leaf unless you have the ultra fine filter basket. Which you order by itself. Which can not be bought. I ordered it "in stock" on June 22nd. Then on June 27th it is being shipped from the manufacturer 14-16 days. Now it's still delayed and shipping in 8-10 days. Geeez! Hey Maytronics! Build some of these would ya? It does me no good in December! I'd been better off ordering a more expensive bot that came with the fine filter. But hey, it looks cool just sitting there.

Man, talk about being frustrated. I bought a cleaner which won't clean anything unless it a bug or a leaf unless you have the ultra fine filter basket. Which you order by itself. Which can not be bought. I ordered it "in stock" on June 22nd. Then on June 27th it is being shipped from the manufacturer 14-16 days. Now it's still delayed and shipping in 8-10 days. Geeez! Hey Maytronics! Build some of these would ya? It does me no good in December! I'd been better off ordering a more expensive bot that came with the fine filter. But hey, it looks cool just sitting there.

i feel ya.. i put a skimmer sock on mine while im waiting for the fine filter to show up and it DID do a significantly better job of picking up the fine stuff.

Reactions: drrayb
Maybe I'm missing something, buy I feel my dolphin e10 does an excellent job with large and very fine dirt. Will it pick up even more fine dirt if I get the ultra fine filter?
medium.jpg

medium.jpg

large.jpg

Maybe I'm missing something, buy I feel my dolphin e10 does an excellent job with large and very fine dirt. Will it pick up even more fine dirt if I get the ultra fine filter?

If you click on my S300i link in my signature I show some pictures of the fine silt that the Ultra-fine filters can capture. I was able to pour the fines off into a coffee filter and dry them out. The silt was like really fine talcum powder. As a side-note, I had a DE burp from my filter and I was able to capture the DE in the Ultra-fine filter. So, in effect, you get a roving cartridge filter when you use the Ultra-fine inserts.

I just attempted the stocking over the filter that came with my Dolpin A10 and I wasn't all that pleased with the results. I had to stretch the stocking so far to get it over the basket the filter capabilities of it weren't any better than what the filter basket was already doing. I'm going to order the finer filters too.

One thing I learned last year is to temper my expectations or timelines. But it sure is frustrating to have such lengthy delays and limited places to order on what should be a routine purchase. The supplied basket is good for stirring up and relocating my detritus but if I want to get it out of the pool I still have to use the pool vac hooked to the skimmer. All the people with the ultra fine cartridge indicate it will filter it out. Someday I may know this first hand..................

If you click on my S300i link in my signature I show some pictures of the fine silt that the Ultra-fine filters can capture. I was able to pour the fines off into a coffee filter and dry them out. The silt was like really fine talcum powder. As a side-note, I had a DE burp from my filter and I was able to capture the DE in the Ultra-fine filter. So, in effect, you get a roving cartridge filter when you use the Ultra-fine inserts.

Thanks! Can't argue with your pictures!

I have noticed when spray cleaning the cartridge fine filter there is a bunch of filth that darkens
the filter as I rinse down. after 2 or 3 passes on each one it's like new again.

The fine filter is definitely keeping my pool floor, cleaner than ever before.

I begin to see dirt on the deep end after about 3 days.

It used to show up the very next day.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I tried them for a month. They are having the same availability problem. They eventually offered me a refund or to wait further

I ordered mine from their site since it showed in stock on July 19th. I got the 'not in stock' email later but since i couldnt find it anywhere else i just decided to wait. It finally shipped on Aug 4th.

I do not have a caddy, is there any special way to store the unit?

I find it very odd that they can't seem to make enough of these fine filters.
I mean it's not like it's made of some super rare earth element...or is it?

I just checked and it looks like Marina has them in stock!

Maytronics Dolphin 9991460-ASSY Ultra Fine Filter Cartridge Assembly | Marina Pool Spa & Patio

It's a small market so every year Maytronics has to gauge how many units they're going to need to manufacture and what the demand might be. Given their weird product line-up and the fact that they have to bend to the whims of the wholesalers and distributors in the US (Maytronics is an Israeli company), they probably run into situations of oversupply and undersupply a lot. Then you have outfits like Marina Pools and Doheny that don't want to keep a lot of "stock" sitting on the shelves potentially losing them money. It's a recipe for supply & demand issues and there's no just-in-time inventorying of these things...

that makes sense.

I can't recommend this filter enough...last saturday my pool floor looked spotless
but I put E10 in anyways, running it for 2 complete cycles(saturday routine and all). The filter clearly had dirt in it.
not much but it was there.

I've also noticed the amount of particulate in the water itself when I have my
snorkel mask on, seems to be much less than it used to be.

Changing the subject from fine dirt to large. We had a storm that blew a lot of leaves into pool. I was very frustrated with the E10. It picked up the leaves but when it expels the water from the top vent, the leaves and particles came back out. It was a vicious circle, pick up, spit out. The propeller had stuff wrapped around it, and the seams of cleaner had stuff wedged in them.
large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

This was so full I used a long screw driver to get the stuff out. Then I thought about taking picture and this was what was left.
original.jpg

In my opinion it's well worth it. I hadn't ran the bot for about a week. I dropped it in yesterday and the bottom this morning looked great. The only problem, and it's not really a problem, is that you have to spend a little more time cleaning the fine filter cartridges. That extra time in cleaning the filter is still WAY less than I would have spent vacuuming the bottom. Still very happy with the performance overall.
How are you cleaning the filter?? I cannot seem to get mine clean and it doesn't seem to be getting the fine dirt picked up anymore.

I clean the fine filter with a garden hose attachment set to "stream or full"

I turn the water on just a enough to get a good blast of pressure.

Then unlatch the bottom door, hold the filter in my left hand then
spray back and forth on the filter with my right hand.

I blast from the outside of the filter going side to side (I can see the dirt
concentrate on the way down) then when the outside is clean, I blast
the inner side same way back and forth, then maybe blast the outside again.

Just like clean as new when I'm done.

The stream of water dislodges anything stuck to the inside ribs of the filter.

I clean the fine filter with a garden hose attachment set to "stream or full"

I turn the water on just a enough to get a good blast of pressure.

Then unlatch the bottom door, hold the filter in my left hand then
spray back and forth on the filter with my right hand.

I blast from the outside of the filter going side to side (I can see the dirt
concentrate on the way down) then when the outside is clean, I blast
the inner side same way back and forth, then maybe blast the outside again.

Just like clean as new when I'm done.

The stream of water dislodges anything stuck to the inside ribs of the filter.

I got my fine filter about a few weeks ago and have been cleaning mine this way as well. I use as much pressure as my hose gives me to spray the filter top to bottom as I watch the dirt/black stuff clear and run out the opened bottom of the cartridge. This is the same way I used to clean cartridge filters for the pool pump back when I used to be a pool boy in high school.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.