Dolphin Diagnostic and Dolphin Dynamic

I have the two pool cleaners, they both are operating the same. They both complete the test stage then travel 6' forward and then 6' back and stop. If I terminate the power and reactivate the power they perform the same as above. I tested the drive motors and the pump motor, they operate fine. I tested the power supply and it's a steady 29.8 volts...Is there a company that will repair the boards for the units. I know the motor box is around 500+ dollars but there has to be a cheaper way to repair the cleaners. Any help would be greatly appreciated...
Tks
Moto

Moto,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all your pool cleaning Robot questions... :p

Your robots are both old as dirt, and I know because I have a couple of them myself.

What is happing is that the internal card inside the motor measures the current flow to the motors. In the test mode (upside down on the deck) there is little resistance to travel. But in the water it takes a lot more effort to move.
This takes more current and in-turn shuts off the unit. When you reset it, it just does it again. The culprit appears to be the brushes in the motor wearing out.

I have not been able to find any repair site for Dolphin motor boxes or PCB repair.

I have bought a couple of old Dolphins from Craig's list and used them for parts. One had a flooded motor box, so only good for mechanical stuff, and one had a corroded connection where the cable enters the pump and it works fine now. No way to tell in advance, so it is a crapshoot..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

I don't know, but doubt it. Seth told me not even the motors can be sold without in house warranty center replacement. They used too, but no longer. Still, I would call and ask him. He will know.

Moto,

As far as I know, none of the motor box parts are available.. not the PCB, the motors, or brushes, nor any of the seals that would be needed if you opened the box and removed the motors.

Even the wear parts for the older Diagnostics are no longer available..

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.