Dolphin Active 30

Jcsmith9

Feb 24, 2022
Birmingham/Alabama
Hey guys looking to buy a dolphin robot. I have done lots of research and just need some good feedback or opinions before I pull the trigger on purchasing. Looking at getting the active 30 but it won’t come in till middle of May. Pool company has let me demo the active 15 until it comes in. I must say I’m not that impressed as I have watched this active 15 go over dirt and get to the top and lose it all back to the bottom. I don’t think it picks everything up. Leaves a lot to be desired for. Does anyone think the active 30 is better with 2 brushes?

I purchased a Dolphin Active 20 a few months ago. It works perfectly! So much better than my old Polaris. I expect that the Active 30 should work at least as well.

I have the active 60 and it is a beast.. The active 20 to 40 are all the same motors and each higher model adds on neat things but most are not required.. The Active 60 actually has upgraded pumps that move more water.. So almost the best option is to get the Active 20 unless the 30 has something that you want.. :)

You are probably looking at the wifi, well I can say it works and also does not work.. Mine just got sent in because the wifi would disconnect after the robot started cleaning...

Here is a comparison

Do you know how long yours has lasted?
I bought mine Late june 2021.. It worked fine till I took it out in Oct 21... I put it in the pool 3 weeks ago and it lasted about a day... When I took the swivel apart the 2 o rings were not lubed and had water in it.. One of the 3 metal pins were melted down from power arcing across... I think this also messed up one of the boards in the power supply or the robot as when I repaired the cable it would start and clean the pool but when it started you could not connect to the robot anymore till the end of the 2 hour cleaning or you pressed the stop button..

This is when I was fixing the cable.. There was lube on the bottom end where it swivels..
1649939614233.png

This is what I used to fix the cable, it has red, white and black wires and I used waterproof shrink wrap and connectors..

1649939699087.png

All done and working, 100% waterproof connection..
1649939746604.png

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.