SARASOTA, Fl
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
I have an Active 20 that I have left in the pool 24/7 for 2+ years. I am about to do a little tune up as the bottom rubber strips are looking a bit rough, but otherwise it's held up quite well. I have also noticed the power cable/cord is disintegrating a bit. I am seeing little blue chunks in pool (very small). I think I am going to get a caddy and start pulling the cleaner out when not in use.. Is it possible to salvage the cable? I am hoping removing from the pool will stop the damage, but not sure if there is a way to rub off what is loose so it's not flaking off in the pool. Any thoughts?

I would get a replacement ordered so you can change it out quickly if it gets too bad.
marina pool & spa has them at good prices along with other replacement parts.
I try to roll my cord up on the deck every couple days so it will “dry out” - this definitely helps with the gummyness which is from the cable absorbing water.
I still leave the bot in the pool most all the time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.