SARASOTA, Fl
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
I have an Active 20 that I have left in the pool 24/7 for 2+ years. I am about to do a little tune up as the bottom rubber strips are looking a bit rough, but otherwise it's held up quite well. I have also noticed the power cable/cord is disintegrating a bit. I am seeing little blue chunks in pool (very small). I think I am going to get a caddy and start pulling the cleaner out when not in use.. Is it possible to salvage the cable? I am hoping removing from the pool will stop the damage, but not sure if there is a way to rub off what is loose so it's not flaking off in the pool. Any thoughts?

Mdragger88

Bronze Supporter
Jun 1, 2018
Hernando, Ms
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
I would get a replacement ordered so you can change it out quickly if it gets too bad.
marina pool & spa has them at good prices along with other replacement parts.
I try to roll my cord up on the deck every couple days so it will “dry out” - this definitely helps with the gummyness which is from the cable absorbing water.
I still leave the bot in the pool most all the time.

Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread