Doheny Advantage robot

Quick update after a few weeks:
  • This is a Dolphin with a Doheney sticker on it.
  • Pool vac has been almost flawless so far. In fact, it's cleaning so good that it's been leaving some clean streaks on the pool bottom. So, I'm running it every day until it gets the whole pool surface nice and clean. Goes to show you how weak a manual suction vac is!
  • Does a fantastic job on the water line too. One of my problems is that area since we live on a hill where there is always wind and get a lot of junk that accumulates at the water line. Problem solved!
  • Been washing out the basket every 4-5 days, but looks like I could go 2 weeks or more between cleanings.
  • Cord length is perfect for me. However, I do have one small gripe - the swivel doesn't. I have to unwind the cord every couple of days due to it getting twisted up. I'm hoping after a while of use, the swivel will loosen up some and this will go away. If not, still waaaay easier than manual vacuuming!
  • Has not got stuck and seems to get the debris out of the areas that it used to accumulate by the steps. It is kind of interesting to see what it does when it thinks it's getting stuck!
  • Popup heads are a complete non-issue for this thing. In fact, I'm running it as the same time as the pool filter now.

Really happy with this unit so far.

So I just saw that the Doheny's Dolphin Advantage is on sell for $639. Dolphin Advantage Inground Robotic Cleaner - Doheny's Pool Supplies Fast. After WAY TOO many hours researching, I am thinking of getting this for my pool. It a is a new in ground small-ish pool 15 x 28 and goes to 5ft deep. It is a rectangle with 3 steps and a bench (I know no cleaner will get the bench) . I don't get much debris. I mainly want something to get the small leaves and get the pool scrubbed. The pressure vacuum that came with the pool is trash and never did much. Any advice? I have to go back into the office Aug 2 so I need to replace myself as the pool girl.

Attachments

• pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 4
This is a basic robot and my only complaint is that it only has one brush. I would suggest you call Marina Pool and Spa and see what she has (and what she has coming in). I paid $699. for a two brush model - Pentair Warrior SL. If you're not in a hurry you may find better prices. Marina sells tax and shipping free.

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: lisaloutx
Just sharing an update, I ended up buying the Dolphin Advantage, it is working great. I have ran it 6 times now to be sure I like it.
It is going up the walls to the water line, even getting the first 2 steps and the bench. It picks up lots of dirt and leaves, more then I knew was in there. . It even picked up a pretty large twig. I do have concerns about the longevity of the latch on the filter box, I decide to not use it much and turn the filter over to clean and spray it out with the hose. The pool looks and feels great.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.