TFP Guide
Jun 7, 2018
Alamo, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Our friends have a big, happy mutt who loves to swim. I’ve been disallowing Doggo (name changed to protect the guilty) because I didn’t want to clean dog hair out of my cartridge filter.

Then I figured, what the heck, I have hair nets in the skimmers, and let Doggo join our 30-person pool party 2 days ago. She had the best time & turned out to be the life of the party with her antics, jumping, swimming after a ball, and even grabbing her own towel from the pile & trotting around with it.

Today I cleaned out the skimmers & the Polaris. To my surprise, there was no hair in the hair nets, it was all in the Polaris bag. And, I assume, some went to the filter via the main drain.

Is it typical for dog hair to sink? If so, I think I’ll want to plug the line to the main drain next time Doggo comes for a swim.

Live and learn. I guess I expected hair to be magnetically attracted to hair nets or something.

My own dog, a Jack Russell/Chihuahua mix, hates water and has no interest in the pool. She doesn't even want to go outside when it's raining. This is fine with me. Her hair never gets in my pool and I don't have to walk in the rain.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.