Does vfd really save on the power bill?

dford8583

Nov 30, 2019
Mobile, Alabama
I have been reading and listening to some pool podcasts. There have been recommendations to switch to vfd to save money on power bill. I am thinking about putting in a pentair intelliflo and switching to a robot cleaner to save money on our power bill. Any advice?

I would also like to run calcs to see how much I can save. Any input on running calcs?

I have been reading and listening to some pool podcasts. There have been recommendations to switch to vfd to save money on power bill. I am thinking about putting in a pentair intelliflo and switching to a robot cleaner to save money on our power bill. Any advice?

I would also like to run calcs to see how much I can save. Any input on running calcs?
I have a 21000 gal pool and no spa. Currently running Polaris 280 off a booster for 2 hours a day and running the main pump for 12 hours

Try the...

Another members graph of his pump's power consumption Vs RPM which he plotted...

How do you chlorinate your pool water?

Can you fill out your signature? Helps us help you.

If you try to continue to use Trichlor in the Nature 2 thing you will have issues getting much savings from a VS pump. The Trichlor feeders need high flow rate to erode the tablets.

TFPC does not recommend the use of Trichlor or the Nature 2 thing for sustainable pool water chemistry maintenance.

If you try to continue to use Trichlor in the Nature 2 thing you will have issues getting much savings from a VS pump. The Trichlor feeders need high flow rate to erode the tablets.

TFPC does not recommend the use of Trichlor or the Nature 2 thing for sustainable pool water chemistry maintenance.
I understand. It was just on there when we bought the house in January.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.