Does this sound about right ?

vsat88

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 6, 2013
Phenix City, AL.
Hey all. Wanted to run this past a few "old timers" here. I am using right at 1 Gallon at 10% bleach per day, you know give or take. 27000 gal. No CC. CYA 40. Around 85 degrees water temp. PH 7.5-7.6 PH 90. What say you ?

v,

One gallon of 10% Liquid Chlorine will add 3.7 ppm of FC to a pool the size of yours..

Most pools use 2 to 4 ppm of FC per day. So that would put you at the high end of the normal range with average pool use.

If you want to make sure.. just do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test (OCLT). Here is how... Overnight Chlorine Loss Test The hardest part is getting your rear out of bed before sun up... :p

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Good one Jim, and that is about right. Sometimes hopping around real early puts a hurt in this old back anymore ! It passes an OCLT without any problem. I thought it was a bit high usage wise as well. I like to run it past the experts here so I cover my bases. My pool is in direct sunlight most of the day and its pretty hot with clear sky's here so I guess I am alright. I appreciate your answer. Oh by the way, I noticed the F-4 as your image, icon (or whatever they call it) were/are you a driver ?
v,

One gallon of 10% Liquid Chlorine will add 3.7 ppm of FC to a pool the size of yours..

Most pools use 2 to 4 ppm of FC per day. So that would put you at the high end of the normal range with average pool use.

If you want to make sure.. just do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test (OCLT). Here is how... Overnight Chlorine Loss Test The hardest part is getting your rear out of bed before sun up... :p

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Oh by the way, I noticed the F-4 as your image, icon (or whatever they call it) were/are you a driver ?

No "driver..." I was a Radar Technician and was selected as the "USAF Outstanding Aircraft Technician of the Year" so I got to go up for a ride. I took the picture from another F4... It was truly an experience of a lifetime!

Thanks for asking,

Jim R.

No "driver..." I was a Radar Technician and was selected as the "USAF Outstanding Aircraft Technician of the Year" so I got to go up for a ride. I took the picture from another F4... It was truly an experience of a lifetime!

Thanks for asking,

Jim R.
That sounds like an awesome experience!

Thanks for sharing that Jim. I always thought the F-4 was the meanest looking jet ever. When I was in school it was the one I would always try and draw. Outstanding Aircraft Technician of the year, hard to top that ! I would bet it was one h@ll of a blast a ride in that thing. That is a great picture you made. No wonder you display it proudly. Thanks for your service.

Thanks for asking,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.