Does PH level affect chlorine usage?

Jul 20, 2013
Northeast
My pool water has been crystal clear for the last 3 months. I test every night with 870/871 and add the correct amount of 12.5%. For the about a couple of months I needed to add between 2qt2c-3qt1c of 12.5%, except for days when we had no sun.
My ph is always high I rarely adjust it and yesterday it was over 8.2 so I lowered it
Today was warmer sunny day and for the first time in a while I had 4.5-5pm (ph ~~7.6), needed to add about a 1qt 2c
Chlorine is from the same box, I'd assume the same strength as bottles used before.

So, does high ph affect chlorine usage or there's a chance I had something in my pool that got cleared once I lowered ph level?
Thanks.

In a TFP pool with CYA, there was probably very little influence between the pH and FC. But you can read more about that relationship in these two links below. Hope that helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.