Jellwood

Jun 30, 2019
Riverhead, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Hiya. SWG newbie here...read a few threads on salt replacement/addition frequency (???) and have followed SWG balancing steps from TFP.
Tonight’s test:
FC 6
CC 0
CYA 70
TA 80
Ph 7.6
Taylor test kit salt level: 3000
Yesterday it was 3200
Wednesday it was 3300
No water loss, rain, or leaks.

Is that normal?

How did you measure 3300 ppm? The test is in increments of 200 ppm.

All within error range of the test.

When did you add salt? I’ve noticed it takes several days to stabilize in my pool to a consistent reading. Consider taking 3 samples from different areas and compare results.

Ah. Good point...I guess it was the cell that read 3300 but the 3200 and 3000 were definitely the Taylor test & more accurate!

next question: does higher salinity help generate higher FC given the same pump run time and %?

Right now I’m running 80% for 10 hours during the day to get the FC 6. I think the rpm is 2500 or thereabouts. Can’t tell because the stupid Jandy aqua link app doesn’t work (so basically I have 2 speeds: prime and regular haha). So...if I add more salt could I get more FC with lower % or less run time?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.