Does anyone have Pour-a-Lids on their skimmers or autolevels?

Stoopalini

Gold Supporter
Jun 8, 2020
Central Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I've just recently learned of these, and they look like a really great idea for hiding the covers. We're going to have concrete decking with Sundek on top, and before I decide to use the Pour-a-Lids on the 2 skimmers and Paralevel, I'm curious if there's any drawbacks to them?

Anyone have pictures of how these look, once installed?

While waiting for replies you can browse these prior threads...

Thanks. I did do a search prior to posting, and read through those ... but not much info or pictures are available. Even a regular Google search didn't turn up much.

I saw some comments about the weight once they're filled, but I'm not really concerned about that. I wonder if they're prone to breaking, or if some metal screening should be added for reinforcement when the concrete is being poured into it, or if there are any other concerns about using these.

It seems the deck needs to be poured with the pour-a-lid ring in place, which means I don't think these can be added after the fact.

Hi Stoop
I have just had one installed and I'm very happy with it so far. Although I have a Travetine paver inserted into mine (couldn't match the colour of the existing pavers). it's the same as a concrete poured one. Yes they are heavier but it stops them been lifted by kids and and a Tbar type tool is requires to lift it which complies with AU pool safety standard.
The lid fits into an inlay frame which stops the deck getting chipped when removing and inserting the lid. Before this I just had a cut paver as a lid which cracked and chipped over time. Picture below with removing tool inserted.
I hope this helps!
612761898.jpg

Reactions: Stoopalini
Thanks guys, they look great! I spoke to my construction manager, and I'm going to order pour-a-lids for the two skimmers and the Paralevel. He said no problem having his crew incorporate them in.

So I ordered the Paralevel lid from the Paramount online store:

Pour-a-lid Cover for Paralevel # 004-762-2930

Now waiting for my construction manager to get me the skimmer diameter so I can order the lids for those.

Do Pour-a-Lids just go by diameter, or do I also need to know the manufacturer of the skimmers to ensure I get the right lid?

Thanks again guys!

Thanks guys, they look great! I spoke to my construction manager, and I'm going to order pour-a-lids for the two skimmers and the Paralevel. He said no problem having his crew incorporate them in.

So I ordered the Paralevel lid from the Paramount online store:

Pour-a-lid Cover for Paralevel # 004-762-2930

Now waiting for my construction manager to get me the skimmer diameter so I can order the lids for those.

Do Pour-a-Lids just go by diameter, or do I also need to know the manufacturer of the skimmers to ensure I get the right lid?

Thanks again guys!
Hi @Stoopalini . Tomorrow is the gunite day for my pool and I have already received the pour-a-lids for my skimmers. However, the pour-a-lid for the Paralevel is currently out of stock. I am wondering if the Paralevel lid is required for the gunite time or I need it for the time of decking construction? I had read in a post that skimmer lids are required to be available for the gunite, but I am not sure about the Paralevel lid.

I used a Hide skimmer cover which I love. Builder refused to install it so they ended up doing the gunite and deck and I installed it later. Had to cut the marble and dropped the frame in and cut a piece to fit in the inlay. I haven't put a bed of mortar yet to raise it at the appropriate level so it's even with the rest of the deck.

Screenshot_20210513-222821.png

Reactions: tfp_fan

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I used a Hide skimmer cover which I love. Builder refused to install it so they ended up doing the gunite and deck and I installed it later. Had to cut the marble and dropped the frame in and cut a piece to fit in the inlay. I haven't put a bed of mortar yet to raise it at the appropriate level so it's even with the rest of the deck.
@ChristopherDB May I ask how you installed the ring? Would you please take another photo, this time with removed lid? I would like to see the inside. Thank you.

@ChristopherDB May I ask how you installed the ring? Would you please take another photo, this time with removed lid? I would like to see the inside. Thank you.
Attached are two photos, one with the ring and one without.
I used hydraulic cement around the edges so when water splashes out of the skimmer it stays contained and doesn't go under the deck.
Currently the ring is just resting in its place without any type of mortar or glue. I talked to the manufacture and they said this is fine. It's sitting a littler lower than it should be so what I want to do is build it up on a bed of mortar and also use the mortar to cover the hideous job the builder did at cutting the top of the skimmer.

Attachments

• PXL_20210515_193708148.jpg
    PXL_20210515_193708148.jpg
    417.7 KB · Views: 22
  • PXL_20210515_193659668.jpg
    PXL_20210515_193659668.jpg
    495.9 KB · Views: 20
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.