Does anyone have Pour-a-Lids on their skimmers or autolevels?

Stoopalini

Gold Supporter
Jun 8, 2020
Central Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I've just recently learned of these, and they look like a really great idea for hiding the covers. We're going to have concrete decking with Sundek on top, and before I decide to use the Pour-a-Lids on the 2 skimmers and Paralevel, I'm curious if there's any drawbacks to them?

Anyone have pictures of how these look, once installed?

Stoopalini

Gold Supporter
Jun 8, 2020
Central Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
While waiting for replies you can browse these prior threads...

Thanks. I did do a search prior to posting, and read through those ... but not much info or pictures are available. Even a regular Google search didn't turn up much.

I saw some comments about the weight once they're filled, but I'm not really concerned about that. I wonder if they're prone to breaking, or if some metal screening should be added for reinforcement when the concrete is being poured into it, or if there are any other concerns about using these.

It seems the deck needs to be poured with the pour-a-lid ring in place, which means I don't think these can be added after the fact.

CRAD_oz

Bronze Supporter
Jan 13, 2020
Sydney Australia
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hi Stoop
I have just had one installed and I'm very happy with it so far. Although I have a Travetine paver inserted into mine (couldn't match the colour of the existing pavers). it's the same as a concrete poured one. Yes they are heavier but it stops them been lifted by kids and and a Tbar type tool is requires to lift it which complies with AU pool safety standard.
The lid fits into an inlay frame which stops the deck getting chipped when removing and inserting the lid. Before this I just had a cut paver as a lid which cracked and chipped over time. Picture below with removing tool inserted.
I hope this helps!
612761898.jpg

Reactions: Stoopalini

Stoopalini

Gold Supporter
Jun 8, 2020
Central Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Thanks guys, they look great! I spoke to my construction manager, and I'm going to order pour-a-lids for the two skimmers and the Paralevel. He said no problem having his crew incorporate them in.

So I ordered the Paralevel lid from the Paramount online store:

Pour-a-lid Cover for Paralevel # 004-762-2930

Now waiting for my construction manager to get me the skimmer diameter so I can order the lids for those.

Do Pour-a-Lids just go by diameter, or do I also need to know the manufacturer of the skimmers to ensure I get the right lid?

Thanks again guys!

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.