Does anyone have experience fresh water ionised pool system?

Yes it's uses salt too but my pool size 45000l need only 25kg salt. In my opinion less salt should be better pool equipment, because less corrosion. Price wise defenetly bit pricey, if I would had crystal ball for corona would go salt..

Have to come back to give some insight of my copper system.

Been using now almost 3year and no any problems like many here telling. No green hair, no staining, no rash etc.. Coloring and copper problems seems to be problem on old systems.
If you look any modern copper system, those all have salt generator for killing bacteria. Chlorine level is so low with cheap chlorine wont detect it, but with out CYA very low amount chlorine will kill bacteria.

Maintenance cost for after pool settled been very low. Last year been lots of rain here I had to add 1 bag salt, 20kg Calcium chloride, one week maybe 1dl MA and bit of baking soda. For last 3 year I have also add 5ppm chlorine once or twice every year, same time when I have done "full cleanup" by cleaning balance tank gutters etc..

I just tested to add liquid chlorine 5ppm late evening and tested morning look pretty much same 5ppm from cheapo chlorine tester (no Taylor in Thailand) so no unwanted bacteria growing either.

What I think no matter what system pool has to keep it sanitary and clear it's all about weekly maintenance (some times been skipping weekly clean and been fine).

Have to come back to give some insight of my copper system.
Good for you! Just realize on this forum we do not support this type of chemistry management. We have a very specific and proven method. We understand your limitations with testing equipment, and you have no way of knowing your pool is Sanitary, which is not the same as a clear pool.

Good for you! Just realize on this forum we do not support this type of chemistry management. We have a very specific and proven method. We understand your limitations with testing equipment, and you have no way of knowing your pool is Sanitary, which is not the same as a clear pool.
If you read my post you can see overnight chlorine test (what I learned from here) proves it's sanitary and there is salt generator to keep it that way.
I'm not here argue about TFP method (just some dinosaur's cant see other ways).. I have learned here lot's of maintaining pool and think this forum is one of best source of pool care info. Many maintenance stuff here apply my pool too (just adjust to fit my needs bit), with out that info my pool might look totally different.

Last edited:
just some dinosaur's cant see other ways
This dinosaur can see many ways pools can be managed. The goal of TFP is not to discuss and debate ALL those ways but rather teach methods that have proven correct on THOUSANDS of pools both anecdotally and backed by science.

The dinosaur reference implies outdated. TFP is anything but.

If you read my post you can see overnight chlorine test (what I learned from here) proves it's sanitary
Actually, if I read your post, there is no proof at all it is sanitary...
I just tested to add liquid chlorine 5ppm late evening and tested morning look pretty much same 5ppm from cheapo chlorine tester (no Taylor in Thailand) so no unwanted bacteria growing either.
This post tells us, with a limited test kit, you came up with 5ppm of chlorine. Not sure that is even accurate, I know it is tough to get the right test equipment where you are, but just because you did a test, does not mean the results are right. And just because you "may have" 5ppm of chlorine, that does not prove it to be sanitary.

This thread is in the "agree to disagree" section for a reason. This forum is not here to debate different methods, its about teaching and discussion the very specific protocols of the TFP methods. Some will disagree and the posts get moved here, and the way is not for everyone, that's great everyone gets to make a decision. But for anyone that comes to this forum looking for solid advice, based in modern science, and new ways of thinking different than the legacy ways, the forum is awesome.

It is a little bit of a shock for some to come here, ready to tell everyone why their ozone system, or frog minerals, or whatever is the best ever, and then realize this not a typical forum where people can throw any wild idea out there, then go back and forth, and blah blah bah! But that is exactly why this is the best forum with the best people. I have been on a lot of forums, and can say the pool owners here are hands down, the most helpful, and dedicated to their craft that I have ever seen.

In the last 3 years there have been many dozens of people who have arrived here due to the failure of using a copper based water system. Dozens who suffered algae growth, dozens who have suffered staining, dozens who now have to purchase metal sequesterants from the same stores that sold them the copper they need to sequester. None of these experiences are undone by the claims of one individual.

There is no benefit to using copper that cannot be accomplished better by other newer means that carry fewer side-effects. Using copper to control algae growth is considerably outdated. It predates TFP. It predates the use of chlorine to sanitize water. It may even date back all the way to the late Cretaceous. [citation needed]

It may even date back all the way to the late Cretaceous. [citation needed]

"High levels of copper(II) (Cu2+) were found with the major part (>90%) of the total Cu located in the smectite (Cu: 175 ppm) and kerogen (Cu: up to 1000 ppm) of the basal black marl of the Cretaceous–Tertiary (KT) boundary informal type sedimentary rock."

"Copper and copper(II) porphyrins of the Cretaceous", April 2000, Earth and Planetary Sciences Letters 177(1-2):105-118

have been told that you stuff it in the pipe and then wrap the pipe with magnets for full effect.
The copper pipe and magnets work according to Lenz's Law, so it's real science.

The same effect can be seen with any conductive metal.

Silver would work best and then copper, gold, aluminum etc.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Contrary to what many believe, TFP does not exist to discuss ALL methods of pool care, but a singular method that has come to be known as Trouble Free Pool care. It involves accurate self testing of your pool water and only adding what the pool needs.

We want pool owners to understand that "traditional" methods of pool care as taught by many pool stores are often adding things to your pool that you really don't need. From CYA in stabilized pool products to the UV and ozone in the "lower chlorine" methods we feel you don't want or need them.

We are not here to discuss other methods like natural pool care and while other methods like Baqua or Bromine are discussed, but we try to explain that TFP methods are easier and less expensive.

This thread seems to have run it course and is now closed

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.