Do you leave your waterfall on when running pump?

Meaty,

Constant use of a waterfall will most likely drive your pH up pretty quickly. For me, I usually only fire up the waterfall when the "ambiance" is important. Most of the time the waterfall is turned off. Although, I do have it scheduled to come on everyday for about 10 minutes just to make sure the water in the pipes stays chlorinated.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Meaty,

Constant use of a waterfall will most likely drive your pH up pretty quickly. For me, I usually only fire up the waterfall when the "ambiance" is important. Most of the time the waterfall is turned off. Although, I do have it scheduled to come on everyday for about 10 minutes just to make sure the water in the pipes stays chlorinated.

Thanks,

Jim R.

thanks. That was my concern

My waterfall has basins in it (four basins that hold anywhere from 2 to 4 gallons each). I have to run my waterfall about three times per day for about 20mins each time. This keeps the water in the basins chlorinated. In the winter, I "close" the waterfall by shutting down and draining the pump as well as suctioning the supply line dry. I do that because the waterfall pump will run with the freeze protection circuit and it's a huge 3HP WhisperFlo that uses A LOT of electricity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.