Do You Have any Extra Features Regrets?

In floor cleaning system added thousands of dollars to my pool cost. It was so ineffective that I’m now using a robot to clean the pool. The money I could have saved by eliminating the popups would bought me a half dozen or more robots.

Now, here are some things I don’t regret, the biggest filter I could afford and fit, a SWG oversized to 3x the pool size, maximizing the pool deck area.

Last edited:
Regret looking over all aspects of my 2nd pool build except for how many return jets the pb had placed in it.... I wish I had 2 more than I have (in shallow end).

Also regret putting a 5’ shear waterfall on my 4’ tall raised beam. The water ‘slaps’ the surface & is loud / obnoxious vs peaceful.

Probably wish I’d put a swg in while build as I’ll probably add one on my own here soon.

Do NOT regret staying firm on a ton of things potential pb’s tried to talk us out of or jam down our throats

I regret not isolating somehow the returns going to the spa and the pool. As of now, my spa gets overchlorinated.

I regret not demanding that I have the pumps installed with unions.

I don’t have any real features. I felt waterfalls and/or sheer descents would raise my pH. At my last house/pool (sold), I was constantly fighting high PH.

Things I absolutely don’t regret: Chiller so I don’t have to swim in a bathtub from June-October here in Houston, SWG (rather take a chainsaw and saw my arm off than not have this), SPA (I love it), Automation (absolutely love), Wet Edge Primera Stone (love the smooth plaster but pebble look), travertine decking (looks good and NEVER gets hot even in the 110 deg heat)
Things I wish I probably would have changed: not getting a robot, the lights were useless for me (bring hundreds of bugs)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.