do swg switches go bad ?

im using a raspberry pi for my pool pump and using gpio (general purpose input output ) pins to "read" if the switch is open or closed....

when my pump is running im getting closed ... when pump is off i get open, closed,open,closed etc. im just asking if the switch is bad

thanks

im using a raspberry pi for my pool pump and using gpio (general purpose input output ) pins to "read" if the switch is open or closed....

when my pump is running im getting closed ... when pump is off i get open, closed,open,closed etc. im just asking if the switch is bad

Not necessarily. Depends where in the plumbing you have that switch mounted. Pic of you pool and plumbing and switch location would help.

You are using the flow switch for a purpose it was not designed for. You need to program around the noise of the switch chattering.

Either the switch spring lost a bit of tension or your water pressure increased.

You can try another switch.

Either the switch spring lost a bit of tension or your water pressure increased. ... i have no issuses when water is flowing only when water is not flowing

can you possibly recomend another 1 ... did i get what i paid for only 26.00 ?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
i have no issuses when water is flowing only when water is not flowing

I understand that. When water is flowing the water pressure holds the switch closed. When water is not flowing a spring holds the switch apart.

Put the switch in a clear piece of PVC cut into plumbing at that point and you can observe what the switch is doing. You will likely see it moving when your pump is off.

can you possibly recomend another 1 ... did i get what i paid for only 26.00 ?

I have not studied them for your use.

I agree that perhaps the spring lost some spring ;)
When the water is not flowing, the spring should hold the contacts apart, perhaps they are too close together? You could just try bending the metal plate apart a little more.

I am not sure there is a better flow switch. They are very basic and work for the SWGs it was designed for.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.