Aquapure 1400 Problems

Aug 21, 2018
Texas
Interesting... I'm having a problem with my 1400 salt cell ... I am getting 172 errors, and I've replaced everything, the salt cell, the power cable and the sensor. That worked for about a month, and then again I'm getting 172, 183 and 184 errors.

I've bought yet another new sensor, that didn't work. The cell is brand new (1 month old) .. I tired swapping it out with another cell, no luck.

I'm wondering if I need to replace the PCB with something like Amazon.com

Anyone have any advice?

thanks
Darkstaff

Last edited by a moderator:
My calcium is high, but the new sensor hasn't been exposed to it yet, so I don't think thats it. Also the salt cell is 1 month old...

What's weird is the brand new sensor cable has been replaced, but now the sensor cable lights don't even come on... I pulled out the 15amp fuse from the 1400 salt water power panel and it looks like it's OK.

I ordered a new board "R0467600 Printed Circuit Board Power Interface Replacement for Zodiac Jandy Pool and Spa Power Centers"

I guess I will swap that out and see if that does it...

How high? You can scale up a saltwater generator pretty quickly with a high CSI (calcium saturation index). The actual sensor holes on the AquaPure tri-sensor are like pinholes. Try soaking the tri-sensor in vinegar for a bit.

Hi -- Actually I know the calcium is high, but I don't have a specific number. I'll take a sample down to my local pool store for testing... thanks for the idea behind using vinegar, I'll try that next time I get a sensor issue.
I have notoriously hard water here in Texas, and I'm thinking of getting a new whole home water filtering system to help.. (my hot water heater sounds like a sub-machine gun going off with all the calcium buildup within it)

That said -- Meanwhile, so replaced the board, and I got the same 172 error now with 185 and 186...

So I swapped out to another brand new sensor... (I have 3 now, 1 which is 1 month old and 2 that are new).

Switching to the new sensor seemed to work. Now the 172 is gone, however, I'm seeing a code I've never seen before, which is "EC" ... which in the manual states: "ORP unit or external controller has shut off chlorine production"

Does that mean this cell isn't producing chlorine?

Hi -- Actually I know the calcium is high, but I don't have a specific number. I'll take a sample down to my local pool store for testing... thanks for the idea behind using vinegar, I'll try that next time I get a sensor issue.
I have notoriously hard water here in Texas, and I'm thinking of getting a new whole home water filtering system to help.. (my hot water heater sounds like a sub-machine gun going off with all the calcium buildup within it)

That said -- Meanwhile, so replaced the board, and I got the same 172 error now with 185 and 186...

So I swapped out to another brand new sensor... (I have 3 now, 1 which is 1 month old and 2 that are new).

Switching to the new sensor seemed to work. Now the 172 is gone, however, I'm seeing a code I've never seen before, which is "EC" ... which in the manual states: "ORP unit or external controller has shut off chlorine production"

Does that mean this cell isn't producing chlorine?

Do you have an ORP sensor? I think your jumper should be in position 1 (default) check it out and see.

1716066999977.png