Do something or just wait

Bobswe said:
I'll be starting to raise the fc to 3-4 using bleach at 6 when the sun is not a factor. If I'm able to maintain the 3-4 ppm fc level will that help reduce the cc?
Yep.

I will not be able to shock for about 7-8 more days.
All the more reason to get the FC under control ASAP, but slowly :wink:

Heres where I stand, my readings are as follows:
FC .5
CC 6.
PH 7.2
CYA 40
As per the pool calculator I need to add 128 oz of Clorox which I'm starting at 6:00pm. I'll test every 1/2 hr and add more Clorox for awhile and update periodically. Hopefully I'll be able to get some guidance if I have any questions.

I've added almost 400 oz of Clorox in the last 2 1/2 hrs. The fc keeps dipping to 1 and I add 87 more oz but the cc seems even higher. Is that something that doesn't get tested in the middle of putting all this Clorox in. I hope I'm doing everything right.
5:50 added 128 oz (reading of .5 fc)
6:20 added 87 oz (reading of 1 ppm fc)
6:55 added 87 oz ( reading of 1 ppm fc)
7:25 added 87 oz. (reading of 1 ppm fc)

This morning I checked the fc and it read 1 but the cc read off the hook high. How could that be. I added 87 oz more of bleach and put two trichlor pucks in skimmer because I'll be gone all day.. Water looks great and no staining still (keeping my fingers crossed). Only put in the initial dose of sequestriant 4 days ago so trying to wait at least 7 before the maintenance dose. How do u explain the higher cc level. Won't be home til around 7 tonight, should I continue the bleaching then?

You need to continue adding bleach/liquid chlorine to raise the FC until you get it to hold around 3 or 4 ppm.

The chlorine is not only destroying the AA (actually, chlorine and AA destroy each other), but is also working on possible algae/organics and fighting sunshine! Keep at it!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If I'm reading that correctly. You have 6 ppm of FC and 12.5 ppm of CC?

You really need to shock but with the metals you have it's going to stain if you do. You haven't used any non chlorine shock in the pool have you?

I'm only showing a 1ppm fc and before adding all the Clorox bleach my cc was 4. Now when I test for the cc it gets real red and needs about 25 drops of tge 871. My cc didn't rise drastically until yesterday when I started using bleach.

I'll give you a full list when I get home from work by 5:30. I hope someone can help me in which direction to go. Before I started with the bleach I was at .5 ppm fc and 4 cc. I've only added the Clorox bleach to what I normally do. It seems that since the Clorox got added the cc has been rising fast. Im sure it's tge correct Clorox bleach and even called bj's club where I bought it. They assured me it's regular unscrnted Clorox bleach as in the tfp picture. I'm not looking to drain my pool so hope there's some ideas out there. Could there be any correlation between the bleach, proteams metal magic and the aa?? I've had pool 15 years and this year has been most confusing. Thank you again for your assistance.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.